• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Media Coverage of WC racing - Streaming or TV

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
We have Hulu Live for our TV service and I see it on the schedule for 9:30 AM

I did this and will be able to check in and watch stuff as it comes up on Outside.
However, I am finding some random stuff on our Hulu Live feed as note in the link above this quote.
I see "FIS Alpine Ski World Cup" and I can add it to "My Stuff" on Hulu... but when I click on it there are no episodes or broadcasts. Are you seeing anything you can actually watch? I wonder if this will just be the NBC feeds?

I DON'T have Hulu live TV... just a regular streaming account. So that could be a difference too.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I see "FIS Alpine Ski World Cup" and I can add it to "My Stuff" on Hulu... but when I click on it there are no episodes or broadcasts. Are you seeing anything you can actually watch? I wonder if this will just be the NBC feeds?

I DON'T have Hulu live TV... just a regular streaming account. So that could be a difference too.
That's how I watched the second run live yesterday.
I don't see replays but I do see live feeds when they air on a channel included in my package.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
In Jimmy Krupka's ARC City podcast, in the news at the end of the Alice Robinson interview, he reckons FIS is taking over the racing broadcast from all nations in the 2026 season.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Me either. Frustrating as hell.
And Vail Daily sending me spoiler mails doesn't help.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
There should be instructions above... or this link directly to the run 2 replay may work:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
In Jimmy Krupka's ARC City podcast, in the news at the end of the Alice Robinson interview, he reckons FIS is taking over the racing broadcast from all nations in the 2026 season.
I wonder what FIS would do with it? Good or bad.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
I wonder what FIS would do with it? Good or bad.

Reckon they are heading to FIS TV as a subscription service. See the article previously posted about it.

Hard to believe they could do a worse job than the current fragmented sh*tshow.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been looking on Outside and Peacock: nothing on either. I'm so tired of this nonsense!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been looking on Outside and Peacock: nothing on either. I'm so tired of this nonsense!
But it's on Outside... there are instructions earlier in the thread... it's a little more difficult than I'd like, but you should be able to find it.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Okay all caught up. Replays on Outside, per instructions from @dbostedo and @4ster . However, the picture quality is atrocious, as @Teppaz says. I caught the live broadcast on Outside of the first run of the GS and the quality was fine. So they hosed something up in the process of posting the replays.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Can you see this?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Can you see this?
Huh... that link doesn't work if I click on it directly. It doesn't work if I cut and paste it.

But if I browse to that video on Outside, it works fine, and appears to be the same link.

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
Same problems as all of you. At one point yesterday I clicked on the Run 1 Slalom from the Outside website and tried casting to my TV. It was a prior year's broadcast. I swear I clicked 2023 no other year was available. Same problems with video quality. Not easy to find the replay on the Outside Watch mobile app. Replays not available on Peacock (maybe its a right thing?). I ultimately settled for the YouTubeTV replay from NBC. Better commentary but only saw a handful of run 1. Outside Watch app wouldn't even open on my GoogleTV. :doh:

I didn't expect it to be perfect, but this was pretty bad execution.

4ster

Instructor
Huh... that link doesn't work if I click on it directly. It doesn't work if I cut and paste it.

But if I browse to that video on Outside, it works fine, and appears to be the same link.
If I hit that link it says “oops something went wrong” but if I then click the Live & Events tab there are race replays. Then, you can’t be sure which race or run you are watching till you sit through the initial add & get into the actual race. Like @Snowflake2420 , I ended up watching half of last years GS on Saturday before I realized it was the wrong race.
Problem is for the life of me I cannot find that Live & Events tab on the app either on my iPhone or IPad. In fact I can’t find any path to replays on the app :doh: !

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Problem is for the life of me I cannot find that Live & Events tab on the app either on my iPhone or IPad. In fact I can’t find any path to replays on the app :doh: !
Neither can I... a search for "killington" or "fis" doesn't turn them up on the app either. I guess just use the website for now.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Same problems as all of you. At one point yesterday I clicked on the Run 1 Slalom from the Outside website and tried casting to my TV. It was a prior year's broadcast. I swear I clicked 2023 no other year was available. Same problems with video quality. Not easy to find the replay on the Outside Watch mobile app. Replays not available on Peacock (maybe its a right thing?). I ultimately settled for the YouTubeTV replay from NBC. Better commentary but only saw a handful of run 1. Outside Watch app wouldn't even open on my GoogleTV. :doh:

I didn't expect it to be perfect, but this was pretty bad execution.

If I hit that link it says “oops something went wrong” but if I then click the Live & Events tab there are race replays. Then, you can’t be sure which race or run you are watching till you sit through the initial add & get into the actual race. Like @Snowflake2420 , I ended up watching half of last years GS on Saturday before I realized it was the wrong race.

Neither can I... a search for "killington" or "fis" doesn't turn them up on the app either. I guess just use the website for now.

Correct. At last check the replays were not available on the app. Which means, for my home setup at least, that it's awkward at best to watch on your actual TV screen. I ended up plugging my laptop into my TV and just basically using it as a big monitor.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't watch a lot of FIS on tv, but maybe newbies really like the current announcing staff? I get you need to hype the best US skier, but I rather see actual skiing.

4ster

Instructor
Correct. At last check the replays were not available on the app. Which means, for my home setup at least, that it's awkward at best to watch on your actual TV screen. I ended up plugging my laptop into my TV and just basically using it as a big monitor.
That’s basically how I’ve been doing it for years although I now have an adapter that lets me run HDMI cable through my phone. PITA!

BTW, I think Peacock is running some kind of BLACK FRIDAY special.

Does anyone know if the Tremblant race will be covered on Outside?

I don't watch a lot of FIS on tv, but maybe newbies really like the current announcing staff? I get you need to hype the best US skier, but I rather see actual skiing.
The Outside coverage was better in this regard.
Having 3 commentators on Peacock was a bit much!

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Reckon they are heading to FIS TV as a subscription service. See the article previously posted about it.

Hard to believe they could do a worse job than the current fragmented sh*tshow.
Totally. +1. The question is whether, in the US, the Powers That Be will allow the new product to flow through as-is to end users like us.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For those of us on social media, I recommend tagging US Ski Team and Stifel, and asking them why it's so hard for US-based fans to watch the races. I've been doing it (fruitlessly so far) and I hope more people will add to the chorus of discontent.

US Ski Team and Stifel have the optimal situation of an American GOAT in her peak, so it should be an ideal moment to grow the sport in the US. But nooooooo — let's go for the tin cans and strings approach to TV coverage!

Sponsor

Staff online