• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Media Coverage of WC racing - Streaming or TV

Alumacraft3

Booting up
Skier
Does anyone here have Peacock TV to stream World Cup races? If so is there many races broadcasted on Peacock exclusively? I have the Olympic channel and NBCSN already but looking to fill in the missing races. Also are they actually live on Peacock? It looks like I can get it for $5 per month or $50 for a whole year.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does anyone here have Peacock TV to stream World Cup races? If so is there many races broadcasted on Peacock exclusively? I have the Olympic channel and NBCSN already but looking to fill in the missing races. Also are they actually live on Peacock? It looks like I can get it for $5 per month or $50 for a whole year.
We picked up Peacock TV to watch baseball this summer. Haven't seen what it will look like for WC Races just yet.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Waiting to hear an announcement from NBC-Peacock on their plans for this World Cup season . But last year all races were streamed on Peacock live with no commentary and replay options

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Am I correct on the pricing compared to what you pay?
@Philpug signed us up for it, so I'm not sure but I think he paid the $50/year.
I do know we don't get a monthly charge for it.

gilligan

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have Peacock and not finding any FIS races in their schedule yet. But they did broadcast most of them last year. BTW, if Comcast is your internet provider, you get Peacock for no extra cost. At least I do in my area.

Snuckerpooks

Getting on the lift
Skier
If Peacock TV picks it up, I wonder if I get a VPN and Peacock TV if I can watch races internationally...

This might be a good option as opposed to streaming from some sketchy sites. I remember the Olympics opening ceremony had a debacle of people going to stream on sites that were distributing viruses and malware.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A search for "Alpine" on Peacock is again showing the races as available this weekend... hopefully it stays this time. Yesterday it popped on and back off.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
DFB62292-744F-4FB6-987A-71EABE0E88FE.jpeg
Woohoo!

TS
A

Alumacraft3

Booting up
Skier
I might sign up if the race this weekend is on. I read an article yesterday that prompted my question. It said last year by this time peacock had already announced the first race of the season would be streamed by them. This year as of yesterday they had not made any announcements.

gilligan

Getting off the lift
Skier
Soelden is showing up on my schedule now but only live at 1:00am & 4:00am tomorrow and Sunday for the women's and men's GS. I'm a fan but . . .

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It turns out we had the free version so not able to access the FIS coverage. I upgraded to premium for 5/month.
Watching the coverage now.
:popcorn:

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
Since Comcast is my cable provider Peacock is free. What I like is that I can view the replay at my convenience. I don't need to wait for two or three days to watch it on the Olympic Channel nor do I need to get up at 4:00am to watch it.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Since Comcast is my cable provider Peacock is free. What I like is that I can view the replay at my convenience. I don't need to wait for two or three days to watch it on the Olympic Channel nor do I need to get up at 4:00am to watch it.
Same with the subscription. I like watching the replay at my convenience.

Sponsor

Staff online