• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Meet the new S.S.SkiTalk

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
haha- guess you were picking up the new SS Pugski. Glad to see that I'm not the only one that will travel far distances for the right vehicle.
Enjoy the new ride and I'll enjoy my new boards :)
He could have brouhgt them to you if only he'd known ;)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I would have even bought him a beer or two...
I decided to go right after I dropped your package off. I was in Durham for less than an hour and headed right out.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

James

Out There
Instructor
Saw this the other night and thought of you guys. Diesel. Would pay to see Trish climb down from that.

B4E6A12B-B317-4DDD-B40D-87DB60471E03.jpeg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Saw this the other night and thought of you guys. Diesel. Would pay to see Trish climb down from that.

View attachment 134202
I would totally take your money!

We actually were drooling over the 2022 diesels but couldn't justify the $$ to buy brand new. Budgets and all...

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
mmmmm, absolutely LOVE the sound of an NA NA V8 (see what I did there?) running through it's rev range!

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
So last year we started scouting out a replacement. We looked high and wide all across the US and after a few possible candidates we ended up with a 2018 Yukon XL in North Carolina.

I really had no intentions of having to go that far but in a perfect world we would have had it trucked back to Nevada and we had everything set to do so but that pesky pipeline issue in the southeast
messed all of that up. So there was one thing left to do, book a flight and drive up back.
It can get more complicated ! They made very few Rav-4's with a 6 cyl engine. My brother, who was moving from Knoxville TN to coastal NC wanted a used one to tow a boat.
Online he found one from a dealer in FL. But it was in MD at a Ford dealer 15 miles from my house. I went and bought it for him then parked it at our house for a month until he could move.
(he had no house in NC at that time). He got it and changed the title only once to NC after buying a house !

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Great minds think alike!
I have some sentimental attachement to the original SS Pugski,
we have come to the realization that our 13 year old steed has nearly 185,000 miles on it and while she's still got some life left in her we knew it was time to get something
a little newer for our long road trips hauling a lot of gear.

When we sell the 2008 we'll send the good vibes with her for her new owner
If a skier buys it and thinks the painted signs are cool then you'll get free advertising ! ogsmile

My Highlander, also 2008 has 143K miles but is still extremely reliable so I'll keep it.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It can get more complicated ! They made very few Rav-4's with a 6 cyl engine. My brother, who was moving from Knoxville TN to coastal NC wanted a used one to tow a boat.
Online he found one from a dealer in FL. But it was in MD at a Ford dealer 15 miles from my house. I went and bought it for him then parked it at our house for a month until he could move.
(he had no house in NC at that time). He got it and changed the title only once to NC after buying a house !
We had one of those 6 cylinder Ravs. It was overpowered and we loved it! Sadly, it got totaled in a rear-ender at least five years before we'd have even thought about whether to replace it or not. Still miss it.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We had one of those 6 cylinder Ravs. It was overpowered and we loved it! Sadly, it got totaled in a rear-ender at least five years before we'd have even thought about whether to replace it or not. Still miss it.

Same. Loved it for what it was, but kinda noisy on the highway.

Sold it to a sister who was in need.

One of the coolest things about the old Rav4 (and maybe the new one?) was the rear seat folding mechanism. An engineering marvel of scissor action. Down to dead flat, which all dog owners can appreciate!

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Same. Loved it for what it was, but kinda noisy on the highway.

Sold it to a sister who was in need.

One of the coolest things about the old Rav4 (and maybe the new one?) was the rear seat folding mechanism. An engineering marvel of scissor action. Down to dead flat, which all dog owners can appreciate!
No dogs here, but yeah, that was nice, too. His current Rav folds nice and flat, too.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And goodbye to the S.S.Pugski. She is off to a new family.

She looks so naked...
tempImagelLfRER.png

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm not going to lie. I have some sentimental attachement to the original SS Pugski, mostly because it gave me my independence, drove me to meet ups where I nurtured a lot of great friendships, and served well as a ski industry tool. It has picked up a fair amount of you at the airport and carried us to the slopes where we enjoyed each other's company
And goodbye to the S.S.Pugki. She is off to a new family.

She looks so naked...
View attachment 134547
I actually teared up a bit before he pulled it out of our driveway. It does make me feel better that its a good vehicle for a young family with 3 kids.
Phil was right though, she does look naked without the SkiTalk.com wrap.

Now to sort out the details of the SkiTalk land yacht wrap.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I actually teared up a bit before he pulled it out of our driveway. It does make me feel better that its a good vehicle for a young family with 3 kids.
Phil was right though, she does look naked without the SkiTalk.com wrap.

Now to sort out the details of the SkiTalk land yacht wrap.
I’m happy she went to a nice new family. ogsmile Heck, you might see her driving around town! Reno is the Land of White Trucks, so being blue, she should catch your attention!ogsmile

Last edited:

Keys2Ski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Is your second row a bench or buckets? I can't tell from the picture.
Buckets. Also, I have the TVs /video players that I will never use. I wanted the beige interior so that I wouldn’t burn my butt in the hot Florida sun!! Use the ac seats daily. And used the heated steering wheel once!!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Buckets. Also, I have the TVs /video players that I will never use. I wanted the beige interior so that I wouldn’t burn my butt in the hot Florida sun!! Use the ac seats daily. And used the heated steering wheel once!!
I think yours and ours were seperated at birth.

We did swap out the 22"'s for a more snow oriented wheel tire combo 20"er. New take-offs are pretty plentiful and there is a huge market for 22"s in the secondary market.

tempImageRyGhZY.png

Keys2Ski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Well, I already have a self induced ding. I tried to bring a shopping cart home with me. Passenger side wheel well!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, I already have a self induced ding. I tried to bring a shopping cart home with me. Passenger side wheel well!
That stinks!