• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Men’s World Cup 2021

Bolder

Out on the slopes
Skier
Faivre is on a new ski. Freshly built by Head's guys. Originally in development for Tommy Ford, I hear. I don't know the exact details, but it's a significant tweak. Sidecut, shape, layup, etc. Evidently Pintu did not feel that a mid-season change was in his best interest. With so many Head guys on the shelf, Faivre has really benefited from this, I hear. ENORMOUS difference maker.

So you don't think skis matter? Or that they are all the same? Sure......

He IS on fire, and was hardly top of mind {particularly in North America}. He's a lot more that "MS's former BF." The guy has always been able to ski. Fast.

Yep, Faivre is the real deal.
(My reasoning behind this is completely unscientific: I figured if one of the 2-3 best ski racers of ALL TIME was dating him, he must be damn good...ogsmile)

This is a good year to be French. We can't ski here so at least Pintu and Faivre are tearing it up.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is a good year to be French. We can't ski here so at least Pintu and Faivre are tearing it up
Now if only the French women’s team could step it up! Aside from Worley, who’s closer to the end of her career than the beginning, it’s crickets out there.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
DA6FB505-4F5B-4E88-B7E0-116A8BA00A5C.jpeg

i don’t know or remember much about this venue.

Paris
Mayer
Kriechmayr

Ivan

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well, not quite World Cup, but...

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
That's a great win for Ben, huge, and for the USST. It is an important event, and those who win and perform as he has generally go on to big things. Obviously a lot of these juniors are already WC regulars. Very pleased for him....and for Sasha, who has really found his spot running the D team. Great stuff.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Presume that we all know that the men's DH at Saalback was stopped today due to weather {fog, snow, visibility} after nine {I think} racers and many delays. Forecast for tomorrow is much better.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’d never heard of Arvidsson and he had a great race, poised and confident. Let’s hope for more!
Meanwhile Odermatt is creeping up on Pintu in the overall. Nail biter!

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Fun course in men’s DH today in Saalbach. Not a regular on the WC. The snow cleared away and sun is out.
l thought the same thing, Kriechmayr made it look fun right out of the start!
Great day for Arvidsson!!

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
DC508736-CCBD-42CF-AB20-D2B7C27DDCE9.jpeg

Kriechmayr
Odermatt
Mayer

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Very impressive result from Arvidsson under any circumstance for someone in first year on World Cup, especially more so today from bib 34. He has also won 2 European Cup downhills this season. He was world junior champion in DH in 2016.

James

Out There
Instructor
There were some serious White Pass turns in there. Caviezel and Mayer. Then Clarey doing a 360. I would expect lcl or mcl damage with him just from the slo mo. He had the top speed for that upper speed trap.

Nice for Mathieu Bailet to podium. He was pretty happy when he finished. He made some comment about the course like it was not easy to survive.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
While the DH looked fun the SG looked like a scary guessing game :geek:!
Kudos to those who “survived”

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My impressions was that Clarey seemed ok after his 'Muzaton'. Incredible. Tricky track (SG) with a few really difficult passages. Too many turns for some.

Bolder

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just love watching Beat Feuz, my favorite DHer the past few years. Don't know if it's still true but a couple of years ago I read that he could barely train because of knee issues. He's just got the most amazing snow feel, from what I see. Plus, obviously, he's solid as a rock in the jumps...

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
39D5DA94-1C4C-4C05-B185-9413CE84D476.jpeg

Odermatt
Pinturault
Kranjec

Faivre
Zubcic

Sponsor