• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Men’s World Cup 2021

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Tomorrows start list...
F4052117-99C5-4AE4-B36C-B76BBF42FE68.jpeg

Strasser
Caviezel
Braathen
Kilde
Zubcic
Kranjec
in no particular order :huh:

l hope to be skiing tomorrow so probably won’t watch the race ti tomorrow night.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Nice final. Glad to see Pintu and HK make it. Big Pintu fan.

VERY dismal day for the USST men. VERY. This is an event, as we saw yesterday with the women, when real WC GS experience does not come into play that much....or isn't an absolute "requirement."

To not have a single American make it out of the qualifying round? Ugh.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Nice final. Glad to see Pintu and HK make it. Big Pintu fan.

VERY dismal day for the USST men. VERY. This is an event, as we saw yesterday with the women, when real WC GS experience does not come into play that much....or isn't an absolute "requirement."

To not have a single American make it out of the qualifying round? Ugh.
I am having a tough time watching the women without Shiffy (parallel and Solden). You get used to having the best racer - or at least someone.
Bode, LV, and Shiffy have spoiled us. I would late to go back to 1970's or late 1990's drought.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am having a tough time watching the women without Shiffy (parallel and Solden). You get used to having the best racer - or at least someone.
Bode, LV, and Shiffy have spoiled us. I would late to go back to 1970's or late 1990's drought.

You now have Moltzan. She looked great in Sölden too. Seem stronger and her skiing has taken a leap. I’ll bet a box of Swix CH8 that, if we have a season, that she’ll establish herself top ten.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
You now have Moltzan. She looked great in Sölden too. Seem stronger and her skiing has taken a leap. I’ll bet a box of Swix CH8 that, if we have a season, that she’ll establish herself top ten.
Yep, she has to work on her interviews. Hopefully her skiing gives her more chances on that.

Last edited:

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Moltzan has been flying just under the radar for a couple seasons now. Apparently her off-season fitness program really stepped up this summer and the proof was very clear at Lech - those parallel events are a stamina test. He GS is much better than it was, perhaps at the expense of her slalom, but the season is young.

And yes, her interviews aren't quite there yet. I'm guessing her media training is still a work-in-progress. She has experience with media scrums at NCAA events and at the occasional World Cup (e.g. Killington) but the level of refinement isn't there just yet. That's fine, she'll get better with experience.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Moltzan has been flying just under the radar for a couple seasons now. Apparently her off-season fitness program really stepped up this summer and the proof was very clear at Lech - those parallel events are a stamina test. He GS is much better than it was, perhaps at the expense of her slalom, but the season is young.

And yes, her interviews aren't quite there yet. I'm guessing her media training is still a work-in-progress. She has experience with media scrums at NCAA events and at the occasional World Cup (e.g. Killington) but the level of refinement isn't there just yet. That's fine, she'll get better with experience.

Interesting about the new gym routines. I think the result is very visible in her skiing.

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
Re: Moltzan interviews, you all are being very kind. Maybe just stick to platitudes such as: “Zurs did a great job on the course. My skis are running great. One turn at a time. Excited for my next run. Got to stay focused.“
Her skiing is very solid and her work has paid off. Big congrats for the result. She knows that that could have been a win.
Also, no snow in the Arlberg, but it really doesn’t matter right now.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I actually enjoyed Moltzan's interviews (she reminded me of Naomi Osaka). Sure, it was a bit messy but at least it stood out from the usual banalities, and it was fun to see her so giddy with excitement. I prefer that to overly media-trained athletes looking bored.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
GS moved to Santa Catarina, Italy...

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Great hill. Just a few clicks up the road from Bormio (Stelvio DH. For those who remember Debora Compagioni—she’s from there.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Nice place! I wonder how these races will go, given the 150+ cm dump that is forecast for this weekend in that region...

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have no problem with what the established factory guy said about the new guy , in my opinion he’s absolutely correct in his comment because in ski racing everyone is so close less than 1/2 a second between 1st and 10th.
Ligety had his time of winning but as soon as he didn’t, for what ever reason the pressure of results can be suffocating.
And we’re watching it.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Snowy today made for tricky confitions for some of the athlrtes.

Sponsor

Staff online