• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Men’s World Cup 2021

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
World Cup begins next weekend…
DB4163A7-E330-49BA-BD09-7E1072389330.jpeg

Getting close ogsmile

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Men's fairly recent news? American Tommy BZ retires. Says he might come back. I'll call that one chance in 100. He's had a tough, injury filled career. Such an incredible talent as a teen. Was dropped form the team this spring after something like 14 years?

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
I’m going with:
Kristofferson
Braathen
Zubcic

Ford Kranjec
Pinturault

E30F3D4F-156C-462A-B298-79D57D58D958.jpeg

Last edited:

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
Does Nordica not supply any FIS athletes skis in the technical events? I know that some wear the Dobermann boots.

AlpedHuez

Skier
Thank you. I am also surprised that Stockli does not have more (technical) athletes. I am not surprised that Rossignol, Atomic and Head predominate though, with Salomon and Fischer having a handful of athletes. And yet no Blizzard either.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
Blizzard and Nordica both had WC skiers using their products, though not to the numbers using Head, Rossignol, Atomic, Salomon and Fischer. Since Blizzard and Nordica were basically the same, Blizzard dropped out of supporting racing and Nordica became the race ski.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I won't give anything away, but that was great to watch, I loved not having any announcers! The middle ⅓ of that course seemed incredibly difficult, very few of them looked even close to smooth on those dozen turns.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Well I got 1 out of 3 with Braathen anyway. Caviezel & Odermatt were both on my radar especially Odermatt but excluded him as I thought he was coming back from injury. Too bad about Ligety’s DNF as it seemed like he was having a good day
May be the changing of the gaurd, seems like we have been seeing it in SL the past 2 years & today in GS with Pintu & HK missing the podium.
Great, tight race the whole way. Waking up at 2 in the morning paid off for me this weekend :roflmao: .
D4E501FB-E728-48E9-9DC5-A90259ED51F8.jpeg

277CBA78-2CA3-4EDA-9D91-32021316909D.jpeg

7469BF75-142D-41C2-A6C7-2924A17165EE.jpeg

AlpedHuez

Skier
What does it mean on the results sheet when the ski manufacturer is not listed for the athlete? They obviously chose a brand name ski, but are these athletes not sponsored by any manufacturer so their ski goes unlisted? (Please excuse my ignorance if my questions posts are breaking up the skier performance/results talk, but I do find the whole business of ski racing industry interesting, and would hope others do too).

Last edited:
TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
A big mistake almost cost him...
6ECB9C26-5C2B-4CA2-A34A-4739CF64C975.jpeg

James

Out There
Instructor
Looks like the weather was good.
Well I got 1 out of 3 with Braathen anyway.
Impressive with that choice. Was it a WAG, dart throw, or did you know something about him?

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
What does it mean on the results sheet when the ski manufacturer is not listed for the athlete? They obviously chose a brand name ski, but are these athletes not sponsored by any manufacturer so their ski goes unlisted? (Please excuse my ignorance if my questions posts are breaking up the skier performance/results talk, but I do find the whole business of ski racing industry interesting, and would hope others do too).
It means their national body was lax in uploading that information to the FIS website, OR, that the athlete is without a formal endorsement contract (e.g., razzoli a few years ago, switching boots/skis between races)

Sometimes the information is wrong, if an athlete changed equipment sponsors and the national body was slow to update the website.

Sponsor

Staff online