• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MEN'S World Cup 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Too much snow.
Always makes me chukle that it dumps on a race weekend, and while it becomes an amazing day for pass holders, it results in cancellation for alpine race as we racers prefer ice over the soft stuff.
:cool:

Forecast looks better for tomorrow from what I've been told. Track will be softer than desired.

James

Out There
Instructor
HS Sports sells newspapers - and they need all the help they can get now. Easiest way to confirm you are in a town “past it’s prime” is when 1) largest employer is hospital AND 2) HS sports takes up most of the newspaper’s sports section. I’m in Rochester right now and that is almost the case here - UR (due to hospitals) is just behind Wegmans in employment numbers. Paper is all HS (kids) sports.
True enough. However, the NY Times has zero on the wcup today. There’s even a two page spread on recreational swimming in Australia.
22AA48C8-D241-4071-A5F8-F925CFEE500F.jpeg

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
New start list for tomorrow…
98CC97ED-C938-4DED-86E8-45A3E3122349.jpeg

Sticking with:
Kilde
Paris
but dropping Mayer for Feuz

James

Out There
Instructor
Kilde goes from 1st to 19th. I thought it was top 15 that drew starts?

Kilde is out… Same with Kriechmayer. I might have inhaled too much incense with these picks:

Feuz
Paris
RCS

Clarey
Kriechmayer

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
I admit I'm not all that in this, as I never really cared much about draws, but I think top 10 don't draw but pick their numbers in DH/SG. I'm not sure if it's still so, but at least year or two ago it still was. Picking numbers is/was some sort of strategy, knowledge and sometimes lotery too, as especially with speed events you can have completely different conditions with number 1 then with number 20. And with all the snow, I would say first few numbers are not going to be really good. But considering Kriechmayr has 1 (if it's still picking now draw) then conditions might be different then I think they are based just on weather forecast I saw.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Revised:
Cochran-Siegle
Mayer
Kilde

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
I admit I'm not all that in this, as I never really cared much about draws, but I think top 10 don't draw but pick their numbers in DH/SG. I'm not sure if it's still so, but at least year or two ago it still was. Picking numbers is/was some sort of strategy, knowledge and sometimes lotery too, as especially with speed events you can have completely different conditions with number 1 then with number 20. And with all the snow, I would say first few numbers are not going to be really good. But considering Kriechmayr has 1 (if it's still picking now draw) then conditions might be different then I think they are based just on weather forecast I saw.
yes, this. top 10 WCSL *pick* their numbers from odds 1-19, so the 10th place WCSL usually gets screwed and runs 1 in SG
the next 10 are drawn into the even numbers 2-20

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Little trickier than usual in LL. Looks (from the sofa) like a little more crests, possibly due to the snow, and a little more uneven. Flat light on top of that …

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Pretty good race ... not a lot of drama with most of the racers falling behind early, and little chance to make it up on the lower sections. Just nice to watch a downhill!

And my top-4 picks above were all in the top 8, so that's ... something? I guess? :huh::D

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Little trickier than usual in LL. Looks (from the sofa) like a little more crests, possibly due to the snow, and a little more uneven. Flat light on top of that …
Not there, and havne't spoken to anybody that can confirm it's by design. But yes, a few more areas where the guys are getting a little more air than usual on this track.
Normally pretty sleepy, this looked like the guys had to pay attention.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I should’ve dropped Kilde & kept Mayer in his place, I forgot that Kilde was coming back from injury. Oh well :ogbiggrin:

SG…
9135822D-A750-46F7-925A-F10816656846.jpeg

Kriechmayr
Mayer
Odermatt

RCS
Kilde

Status
Not open for further replies.