• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MEN'S World Cup 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
The young guns. That is project 26, right there! Thinking we could see three second runs.
RCS, River & who? Giles. Maybe they all qualify, stranger things have happened at Soelden .

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
RCS, River & who? Giles. Maybe they all qualify, stranger things have happened at Soelden .

River is due to be a consistent second run scorer. I am hoping to see a more constent, stronger transition. Less inclination. Project 26 was all about River. Might have been too much pressure.

RCS. Perhaps the brightest and hardest worker. And, sorry to you Rossi fans, but rumors are that he is SO MUCH faster with his new setup and tech. Not his best discipline, but I think may be wowed.

Bridger Gile. Best pure skier, best touch. He has huge upside, and he is knocking on the door. The guy has jets, and can recover.
His WR is in the sixties. Not sure where he’ll be on the start list.

George and Patrick are ranked around 100. But a lot there. Bridger is the youngest of them all…1999. A year younger than RR , two younger than PK and George.

All young. All good.

4ster

Instructor
More starters…

Muleski

Inactive
Rossi, the company he has been with since he could walk, to Head. Big piece is getting Heinz Hammerle as his tech. Pretty good article below. He is screaming fast on the new to him SG skis. That much I know. I assume the DH skis rip as well. He's apparently got great skis. And as we know skis matter. In the words of an ex WC buddy: "Yeah, skis REALLY ****ING MATTER!" I'm sure he had great skis from Rossi, but he was far from the top of their pecking order.

Last edited:

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm sure he had great skis from Rossi, but he was far from the top of their pecking order.
I'm pretty sure he's even further from the top with Head ;) With Head and their number of racers, you need to be pretty much multiple world champion to be close to top.
PS: Getting Heinz as serviceman doesn't mean he's their top racer. It just means all better ones already have their technicians and there was noone Heinz could be working for. That's one problem technicians need to face over and over again. You can be best tech on world and have best racer on world, but when that racer quits, you won't just take over next best racer, as that guy or girl already has his/her own technician and no interest in changing, so you end up with someone new who just came to company/team.

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
"Yeah, skis REALLY ****ING MATTER!"

Sure seemed to do so for Mathieu Faivre this past Spring--his new Head's appeared to allow him to achieve dramatically better results nearly overnight after the switch.....

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Rossi, the company he has been with since he could walk, to Head. Big piece is getting Heinz Hammerle as his tech. Pretty good article below. He is screaming fast on the new to him SG skis. That much I know. I assume the DH skis rip as well. He's apparently got great skis. And as we know skis matter. In the words of an ex WC buddy: "Yeah, skis REALLY ****ING MATTER!" I'm sure he had great skis from Rossi, but he was far from the top of their pecking order.

I remember him as crazy fast in the speed races just before he crashed. So should be interesting.

Muleski

Inactive
I'm pretty sure he's even further from the top with Head ;) With Head and their number of racers, you need to be pretty much multiple world champion to be close to top.
PS: Getting Heinz as serviceman doesn't mean he's their top racer. It just means all better ones already have their technicians and there was noone Heinz could be working for. That's one problem technicians need to face over and over again. You can be best tech on world and have best racer on world, but when that racer quits, you won't just take over next best racer, as that guy or girl already has his/her own technician and no interest in changing, so you end up with someone new who just came to company/team.

Primoz,
I was NOT suggesting that he was any closer to the top with Head. Not quite that naive.

I think he liked the way the material timed. I would not be surprised at all if Forest influenced it. Heinz was available to a new guy.

And, if Eliasch did get involved, he surely
Is making more money.

Now the key reports are that he IS faster, which we’ll have to see materialize!!

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
More money is for sure. Rossi was cutting things again lately, and as he was nowhere near top Rossi guy, I'm pretty sure he would be getting less then he did by now already. So with Head it's pretty much more money for everyone who comes to Head. From 1st on World to 150th on World, more or less they all get more then they would get with any other company.
As for being faster... it's kinda hard to believe that. Not because of skis, but once you spend half year in rehab, it's hard to be faster on first few snow trainings then you were before, when you were in full power, regardless of equipment ;)

Muleski

Inactive
As for being faster... it's kinda hard to believe that. Not because of skis, but once you spend half year in rehab, it's hard to be faster on first few snow trainings then you were before, when you were in full power, regardless of equipment ;)

Hi, That's a very good and valid point. I'm hearing that from a few coaches, and obviously nobody would say "he's slower on the new skis?" I'm guessing that they must have some comparison method for the skis. Not sure if all of his old skis went back to Rossi? I'm out of that loop and how that works. At any rate those working on his program are fired up. And yep, they pay. or more to the point the new FIS President has always paid!

4ster

Instructor
Whoop, there it is! At least some of it.

in “Live & upcoming” view all…
5FF4BEB6-7DF0-45B9-8C44-93AC393A2F22.jpeg

& in my watch list…
E7662557-E0B9-4CD9-8372-E96EBFB18C73.png

Seems a little fishy & does not show Men’s run 1. Also would not let me save Women’s run 1 to my watclist.

4ster

Instructor
& here…

D4CD7038-F285-4FCE-A564-9A0D8A9FBEAC.png

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Hi, That's a very good and valid point. I'm hearing that from a few coaches, and obviously nobody would say "he's slower on the new skis?" I'm guessing that they must have some comparison method for the skis. Not sure if all of his old skis went back to Rossi? I'm out of that loop and how that works. At any rate those working on his program are fired up. And yep, they pay. or more to the point the new FIS President has always paid!
Yep, Kilde, for example, has always done better on Atomic over Head - even as Axel and Jansrud thrive. But first races are always interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.