• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MEN'S World Cup 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Out There
Instructor
Feller in the lead ahead of F-S and Vinatzer… and now Ryding…who lost like 0.8 in final split.

James

Out There
Instructor
Now rooting for Razzoli… only two left.
oh, Razz dnf’d. Jakobsen with 0.8 to play with…
Oh, Jakobsen dnf’d!
Unreal, Mr dnf gets 3rd!

ED4768FC-10E4-4C10-BF38-36C6FF166018.jpeg

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Holy Mario Matt (see video below). That's it.
Strasser, McGrath, Feller
McGrath would look great in Stars and Stripes. But Norway is almost as good.

(always a bit depressing after Schladming as it represents the glamor run being over)

Last edited:

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
60 chances to mess up, he just needed three. Holy CRAP. That was the fourth f**k up. If I wasn’t bald I’d be pulling my hair. Thank goodness for Swedish women.

James

Out There
Instructor
In one of the Olympics, Sarajevo? At least three people, and good ones, were out by the first few gates.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
There's one question in my mind... what the hell is happening with men SL? I mean I understand when course is shitty and guys starting first or second have huge advantage over guys starting 30th, but last few slaloms course wasn't that bad, yet it's getting normal to get to top 5 from P30 in first run. I wouldn't say competition would be that good that there's 30 people who can win, as if that would be true, Feller wouldn't be on P28 with almost 2sec after first run,Kristoffersen in Kitz wouldn't be on P24 with also almost 2sec or Braathen 29th in Wengen with more then 2sec. If competition would be that equal, they might be on P20+, but with less then 0.50sec behind, not with 2sec.
And it's pretty much every SL this season that there's someone from back of the pack after first run finishing in top5 or top10 at worse.
I would think that it's not that competition is that good, but that bad, that there's not a single skier able to produce two at least somehow good runs.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There's one question in my mind... what the hell is happening with men SL? I mean I understand when course is shitty and guys starting first or second have huge advantage over guys starting 30th, but last few slaloms course wasn't that bad, yet it's getting normal to get to top 5 from P30 in first run. I wouldn't say competition would be that good that there's 30 people who can win, as if that would be true, Feller wouldn't be on P28 with almost 2sec after first run,Kristoffersen in Kitz wouldn't be on P24 with also almost 2sec or Braathen 29th in Wengen with more then 2sec. If competition would be that equal, they might be on P20+, but with less then 0.50sec behind, not with 2sec.
And it's pretty much every SL this season that there's someone from back of the pack after first run finishing in top5 or top10 at worse.
I would think that it's not that competition is that good, but that bad, that there's not a single skier able to produce two at least somehow good runs.

It is a little weird and feels like a toss up every time. But there are a bunch of new guys coming up—Norwegian, Italian and also a couple of Americans. All very capable when stars allign. At the same time ”older” guys like Strasser can strike and the ”stars” from a few seasons ago Kristofersen, Noel and Pintu just aren’t there now. Sort of even field and with very good prep more gets a chance. Perfect storm for confusing times. Times they are a-changing.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
It's not really new guys coming. They certainly are, that's not a question, but what is weird for me are those huge jumps. 2sec behind in one run, then 2sec infront in second run. If it would be track, fine, but it's not the track. It's just this inconsistency of everyone involved that one run you can ski normal, second run you blow up totally. And it's happening to everyone on pretty much every single race. I'm not sure there were more then 2 guys who had two good, or at least normal, runs in same race.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah, what I mean is that the new guys have the performance but not the consistency. So it is a mixed bag of results. And when the "old" guys are not performing, like Feller, Noel, Pintu etc. it gets all over the place. Maybe that's not it. IDK.

Bolder

Out on the slopes
Skier
McGrath was crying buckets of tears of joy. Bet Felix was pretty stoked. I wonder if at some point Atle could race for the US, especially given the depth of Norwegian tech talent (he said, hopefully). I read an interesting article about Felix when he took over as director at Burke Mtn Academy about the Norwegian/Euro systems vs US.

For Feller, it wasn't the whole run, I think, but he figured out something on the wall in his second run. Every other skier lost 0.4-1.0 seconds to him in about 200 meters -- only Strasser, I think, dropped less time. I meant to go back and look at his run but haven't had time.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Surface was a little varying, some ice. Some grippier. A bit of a head scratcher for the service guys. I think Feller got that right in 2:nd.

James

Out There
Instructor
No idea. Ever since Noel fell at the end, and Vinatzer. Then it looked like F-S was the sure bet. Seems it’s the 2022 thing that you have no idea who’s on the podium. Almost impossible to pick. Manny isn’t even blowing up.

At this rate, maybe Odermatt ought to enter a slalom race. I see it’s three years since he did. Btw, he raced at Dartmouth Skiway in Feb 2016.

Last edited:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I
and was 4th

I was course crew for that race. Had no idea who he was. That was still two years before his insane world juniors in Davos.

I just took a look at the FIS site, and the results from that swing through the NE by the young Swiss guys. Nostalgia. Some great trivia questions/answers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online