• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MEN'S World Cup 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Obermeyer? Outdoor Research? Flylow? Black Diamond? North Face?

Probably none of them make suitable stuff... and might not be capable... but maybe they could?
All good thoughts. Just don’t feel appropriate (to me) for an “alpine ski team”. Aerial and moguls teams would be fine with those ideas.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
All good thoughts. Just don’t feel appropriate (to me) for an “alpine ski team”. Aerial and moguls teams would be fine with those ideas.
IMO, I think Obermeyer and North Face are well regarded for more "standard" gear to avoid seeming too "freestyle".

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I remember, back in the day, if you saw someone wearing Spyder, you asked them what hill they raced out of and their points.
Now, you ask them how to get to Cosco.
Sigh, typing the above makes me feel old. I have to get beyond the only alternative is Descente with the candy-striped speed suits.
So times change. Just hope the new player seems like a "race:" outfitter.

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Your $0.02 is exactly how I feel.
This would never be allowed in the Alpine powers (or even the Nordic ones who seem to do pretty well at this skiing thing also).
Just because one can qualify for the A or B teams from a point standpoint does not mean you should be allowed to take a spot and resources from the development of the future. Pretty sure those who watched Canada this past weekend would agree.
As much as I love Travis, he has probably peaked also.
Time to move on - for both SM and USST.
Nyman on the A-Team for next year. Sigh.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Nyman on the A-Team for next year. Sigh.
Also posted here for discussion if anyone hasn't seen it...

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Saw on USST Twitter feed that they've chosen Kappa to do their uniforms. Kappa has done the Italian uniforms in the past. The deal runs at least through the 2029-30 season.

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier
Interesting... foreign AND not well known for winter apparel (at least not to me... they're much more a running/soccer/track brand in the US from what I've seen).
They have flagship stores in the major/upmarket Italian resorts and there's a fair bit of it on the hill, but they don't appear do much without ITA and FISI written all over it.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Re: Nordica and Blizz skis WC programs, they have been sputtering as of late. Nordica still has Dom Paris, skiing on what I imagine to be a giant container full of seasoned and fast speed skis.

Vinatzer and Tonetti {Blizz} are both moving on. Not sure who is left in their two stables and I imagine that they are getting skis, very little cash, and perhaps no serviceman. Race programs likely viewed as being of very little value/ROI. I get it.

Now what gets interesting to me is the boots. MANY consider the Doberman {and the Tecnica sibling} to be one of the best, if not THE BEST, gold standard of race boots.

So, it today’s world, every race ski company {nearly} has a boot partner. Wonder how that works. The Doberman brand, goodwill, and the molds/tooling have a lot of value.

Van Deer should think about THAT play. IMO.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Re: Nordica and Blizz skis WC programs, they have been sputtering as of late. Nordica still has Dom Paris, skiing on what I imagine to be a giant container full of seasoned and fast speed skis.

Vinatzer and Tonetti {Blizz} are both moving on. Not sure who is left in their two stables and I imagine that they are getting skis, very little cash, and perhaps no serviceman. Race programs likely viewed as being of very little value/ROI. I get it.
Schmidiger. Rochat.

Slokar, on the women's side.

... That's about it.

Hadn't seen news re: Tonetti moving on (tbf, it's not really news), but hard to imagine him not in a Tecnica boot - he's been in one forever (including back when he was on Volkl).

Status
Not open for further replies.