• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Starting World Cup 2022-2023 Men's Thread.
Men's 2022-23 Schedule

Who do people like at Soelden?
Who wins the Globes?
Who, from Ski Talk, is going to any World Cup Races this year?
How does HK do?
Does Rudi get mentioned on the broadcast for Schladming again?
Any other predictions or thoughts on the season?

1665094976006.png

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Thanks for getting things going!
So, who has retired?
Who is coming back from injury?

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Also have a 2022-23 thread for Women's World Cup

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Remember we will have the WC at Palisades Tahoe in Februar. There will also be opportunities for volunteers for those interested. Having been one of the slipcrew for the 2016 womens WC there I can highly recommend it. Especially since I was able to get myself in position 10 gates from the finish of the slalom second run just in time to watch MS and Wendy slug it outogsmile

i should have more info soon for anyone interested

James

Out There
Instructor
————————-
…This will be the third consecutive World Cup season with no combined events. Instead, FIS has included more parallel races in recent years. The individual combined remains on the biennial world championships program.

French newspaper L’Equipe reported that the International Ski Federation (FIS) will test a new team format for the combined, which has been an individual event on the Olympic program since 1988. L’Equipe reported that a nation can use a different skier for the downhill and slalom in the new setup, quoting FIS secretary general Michel Vion.

For example, the U.S. could use Breezy Johnson in the downhill run and sub her out for Mikaela Shiffrin in the slalom run, should the format be adopted into senior competition.

The format will be tested at the world junior championships in January in St. Anton, Austria, according to the report…
—————————-

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh man, I don't know how I feel about this new combined format. It's just a new team event and defeats the purpose of rewarding versatility. They'd be better off trying to find a way to avoid having a tech skier win nearly every time.

slow-line-fast

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Getting close…
(From 2020)

GS is a good event to do that. Once lined up for a SL start on a sidehill, a coach walking above the line slipped, bootskied uncontrollably into the line, pitched over someone’s skis, and slid headfirst down most of the SL course, taking gates at hinge level on her shoulders and head. Ouch.

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

4ster

Instructor
We are a week away from Solden! Anyone have insight on how or where to watch the races from the US?

This site worked well last year for Austrian races & it appears to be still in action. I just signed in & it indeed shows Solden on the schedule!
https://app.skiworldcup.live/schedule

slow-line-fast

Out on the slopes
Inactive
We are a week away from Solden! Anyone have insight on how or where to watch the races from the US?

This site worked well last year for Austrian races & it appears to be still in action. I just signed in & it indeed shows Solden on the schedule!
https://app.skiworldcup.live/schedule
That site should work worldwide, for world cup races held in Austria. As far as I understand.

4ster

Instructor
Final snow control for Gran Becca pushed back to 22 Oct.

Further down the link is good news from Soelden
The Alpine Ski World Cup in Soelden has passed the “Snow Control”; the competition slope will be in top condition and ready to receive the best skiers in the World.

Today, the two FIS Race Directors, Markus Mayr and Janez Hladnik, gave the green light for the World Cup opening on the 22nd and 23rd of October.

The snow control took place in the presence of Mario Reiter (ÖSV), the Chief of Race Isidor Grüner, and the Race Director Rainer Gstrein. The five men were satisfied and thrilled about the upcoming week.

ÖSV Sponsoring Division Manager, Mario Reiter, was delighted about this: “What the Bergbahnen Sölden and the Organisers have achieved in the slope is sensational. From today's point of view, everything is perfectly prepared, and as the forecasts currently stand, it will be a great race weekend."

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The 2022 - 2023 FIS Predictor League is live!

Join me in the league now no.2329 : SkiTalk Predictor League

Make the best picks and win.... nothing!

Click on this link : https://predictorchallenge.fis-ski.com/#welcome/register/?parrain=dkj2okt&ligue=2329
It seems like if you did this last year it will automatically include you in the Skitalk league when you go to their website, but hopefully there will be some newcomers this year. I thought it was a lot of fun, except maybe during the Olympics where they wanted you to make picks every single day for what seemed like forever about snowboarding, nordic, freestyle, skicross, etc., which are cool to watch but I know nothing about, but there are no Olympics this year

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It seems like if you did this last year it will automatically include you in the Skitalk league when you go to their website, but hopefully there will be some newcomers this year. I thought it was a lot of fun, except maybe during the Olympics where they wanted you to make picks every single day for what seemed like forever about snowboarding, nordic, freestyle, skicross, etc., which are cool to watch but I know nothing about, but there are no Olympics this year
You're correct... I didn't notice that and created a new league. I've renamed that one to "DO NOT USE". For anyone that wants to join the existing SkiTalk league, here are the instructions:

Join me in the league now no.1642 : SkiTalk Predictor League
Password : 4UNI7
By clicking on this link : https://predictorchallenge.fis-ski.com/#welcome/register/?parrain=dkj2okt&ligue=1642&mdp=4UNI7

Info above has been updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.