• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Krech, Paris, Kilde.
6F1E2FE4-7CC9-4C06-ABCB-D5284C936ADC.jpeg

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Kilde wins, then Clarey (go old guys!), and Travis Ganong snags 3rd!
Man, the amount of time Trav-dog was in the leader chair got me going early. But each of the the folks that passed him is a great story also.
Kilde is first Norwegian to win from the top of Kitz in ~23 years. People can debate whether start location is important, but I think it is at Wengen and Kitz.
A win is still a win but from the top is different on the classics.

Also, starting to like the double-DH weekend. The SGS was always a bit of a downer. When I went in 2018, it did not even go to the bottom. Friday just felt like a test of the timing equipment.
How do others feel about the 2 DH's in the weekend?

RiesenSL

Getting on the lift
Skier
Any word on Odi and the left knee? Seen anything in German language? The radar has been quiet, and he's been seen walking with a limp. Only 4 days until the Schladming night GS, he might skip that to complete healing. After that, the GS in the Champs is at tail end Feb 17, so lots of time for recovery. If that knee is slow to heal, he might skip the American dates (and the 1 GS) to preserve for the season final 3 GSs.

Odee Kitz.jpg

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Any word on Odi and the left knee? Seen anything in German language? The radar has been quiet, and he's been seen walking with a limp. Only 4 days until the Schladming night GS, he might skip that to complete healing. After that, the GS in the Champs is at tail end Feb 17, so lots of time for recovery. If that knee is slow to heal, he might skip the American dates (and the 1 GS) to preserve for the season final 3 GSs.

View attachment 189939
Yep, the big globe likely rides on the condition of his knee.

Bolder

Out on the slopes
Skier
Big weekend for Ganong. He's no spring chicken, either, although Grandpa Johan outdid him today.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
How do others feel about the 2 DH's in the weekend?
Better than a SG for sure!

Kilde’s revenge! Only a true Downhiller could comeback from yesterday’s near death experience to win!!
I guess Travis “felt like it” Johan just wanted it a bit more! Amazing day for both those guys!!!
Luv Hahnnenkahm weekend :ogbiggrin:
9A61E794-5E7C-42A3-B3C3-325F69327C5C.jpeg

James

Out There
Instructor
I like the two downhills.
Is it too much for the racers though?
Kilde came close to the nets.

Slalom:
HK
Meillard
Feller

James

Out There
Instructor
Ed Drake announcing. Don’t know why it jumps so much in time.

Still not used to the drone shot on the traverse. I like the standard shot to compare.

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Interesting race on Sunday. Still need to watch the final runs but suspect Feller’s DNF is tough to watch.
Braathen is really developing some consistency in slalom.
On to Schladming.
EDA6A499-9929-48D0-A50B-9E9CB7AEB4BB.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online