• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
it's been on the schedule since the beginning. Not a late add.
Weird... my mistake then. After Cortina last weekend I could swear I looked at the schedule and there wasn't anything until the end of February. Maybe it was just a problem with the website calendar... yeah... that must have been it... calendar problems and not my crappy eyesight or poor reading.... must have been. :ogbiggrin:

Bolder

Out on the slopes
Skier
You all may have thought I was listing my picks... but I just forgot to say I was actually listing surprising DNFs.
Seriously, Noel needs to take a break, or find a good sports psychologist. When he's on he's a second better than the field, but how many dnfs or crucial mistakes has he made when the pressure's on in the past 2 seasons? I thought he'd be the clear class of the SL field (and he still can, he's just 25) for a long time. But now when he gets in the box I can barely watch...5 dnfs out of 9 starts this year...

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Who set the 2nd course? It was quite the puzzle & took some imagination :ogcool:
Magical day for AJ Ginnis & a top 10 for Jett Seymour, world class skiing :golfclap:!

James

Out There
Instructor
Wow, great day for Gigantor.
And Greece!
Austria is in a bit of a rough patch.

FBE7021A-84A8-4117-AE0B-A32A0027B351.jpeg

Mike B

Putting on skis
Skier
Who set the 2nd course? It was quite the puzzle & took some imagination :ogcool:
Magical day for AJ Ginnis & a top 10 for Jett Seymour, world class skiing :golfclap:!
Ya, that entire pitch was a little goofy. Reminded me of the old US Pro skiing tour sets but without Bernard Knaus in the lineup. haha

James

Out There
Instructor
While you wait for Peacock to screw up the World Championships…
Every Kitzbuhel downhill winning run from 2008 Cuche (with ski flip in finish!) to 2022 Kilde. German and English announcers.

RiesenSL

Getting on the lift
Skier
Ok, short season with Champs (no points towards WC globes).
Remaining (unless cancelled); 4 GS, 3 DH, 2 SG and 2 SL.
So now, we can eliminate many who statistically have zero chance, and discount some of the others that are unlikely longshots. That should leave only a few possibilities.

Just like last year, Kilde can't GS and loses big globe to Odermatt.
What about DH? It could be decided by Aspen. Last year Kilde barely squeaked ahead of Feuz.

SL globe will be exciting to the end, Braathen will be back and only two races left, Feb 26 in USA and Mar 19 in Andorra. Maybe Kristoffersen should target GS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.