• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-to-semi fats with short turning radius?

Capt. Faceplant

Booting up
Skier
I’m hoping to expand the quiver for Vail / A-Basin skiing with something a little fatter than my Enforcer 100s daily drivers. But many of the skis I’ve seen locally have a longer turning radius than I’d like (19+m). Any suggestions on skis with a shorter turn radius?

dwoovre

Booting up
Skier
Line Sakana
Line Sir Francis Bacon
Volkl all-mountain skis have the 3D variable radius that is tighter underfoot. Blaze 106 is probably closest to your requirements.

Steen275

-
Skier
I used to ski Enf 100s and Nordica Unleashed hells (113 underfoot) in that mid fat category. This season I changed that up to Enf 94 and Volkl Blaze 106's. I cannot say enough about the Blaze 106. As long as conditions are soft, it carves trenches. And being a bit softer and less burly than the Enf100, if you stand on it i feel like it will make a tighter turn than their posted 17m (179cm). If it's firm, I wouldn't be on fatties anyway, so it's good for what it was designed for. I take it for anywhere from 2" new to a foot and it's proven to be a lot of fun.

Sponsor