• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Holy cannoli. Whatever she’s doing… it’s working!!

Oddly enough, her single season record breaking victory count happened when she was dating the French guy. I think she's in a really good head space away from the hill. Hopefully that doesn't sound offensive... it's not at all my intent.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Interesting wording on MS' Twitter post from a few minutes ago. Seems she's pondering the end game while enjoying the ride on the crest of a good wave.

My impression is that she is referring to her current winning streak not the future or end of her racing career :huh:

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah, nbd.
Surely she’s pondered the end game in the last 3 years.

maple19

Getting on the lift
Skier
My impression is that she is referring to her current winning streak not the future or end of her racing career :huh:
Yep. She said the same exact thing about “riding the wave” in a post-race interview on Wednesday. She was directly referencing the streak.

She also said in an NBC interview a couple of months ago that a retirement before Milano Cortina is highly unlikely. Doubt she would be putting that out there if she was considering an imminent end to her career.

Last edited:

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
It’s snowing in Rossland, and I am nursing a sore shoulder. The good news is that Mikaela Shiffrin tied Lindsay Vons’s WC record and moved ahead of Moser-Pröll and Tessa Worley with her 17th giant slalom win.

Yeah, I was in KG that Sunday, passing by the race course very early in the morning, on my way to...oh well.
Skied KG and it was an eerie knowing the WC GS was taking place in the same place, just I was one ridgeline away from the Podkopren and nothing could be heard from there. Parkings and place was full, though, given that skiing is Slovenia's National Sport..