• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Most career GS wins, most career WC podiums!
what’s next? Maybe a SG or DH globe!!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Anyone else have trouble loading todays races on Skiandsnowboard live?
Been trying all mooring and getting a "Loading Experience" message.
I often have to back out and then start over with Safari on my phone. Mozilla usually works fine first time on my laptop.

wolcoma

Getting on the lift
Skier
I think you posters were missing my point as I feel for Mike Day. Obviously he was very upset at the World Championships and took the first flight home. My entire point is these USST coaches work their A's off for very little money and are away from their families months on end. For example, a few years ago while coaching at Mt. Hood I was staying in a run down condo complex next door to a few of the USST coaches. These coaches were literally sleeping on bunk beds in the condo and were living out of their backpacks. While their athletes were off mountain biking or windsurfing, they had made a little work shop out on the condo deck to repair gates from that day's training. I brought them some beer and they were fun to talk to. They also were selling some of their team issued clothes and other gear to our kids to pay some of their bills. I don't personally know Mike Day but have seen him on some of the Mikaela podcasts and he appears to be a great guy. Again I think our USST coaches deserve a little more credit for all the work they do to support our USST athletes.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
From that article, she credits most of her resurgence to regaining the ability to memorize courses. She lost it after the death of her father
As soon as I read that memory loss was a factor, I would have bet dollars to donuts that it was grief related. Glad she figured it out and got help.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
MS will be on the NBC Today show this morning. What are the odds she will get questioned about the 2022 Olympics?
Just got done watching the interview and it was mentioned but just from a point of view of the highs and low spots in her career that were obstacles she had to overcome. Overall not a bad interview, they did share that she has a sweet tooth and gave her a two tear tower of donuts.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yes, only mentioned Olympics briefly in context of how she overcame that. Liked the discussion of the sayings on her helmet, especially ABFTTB (Always be faster than the boys). It's from a poster autographed for her by three-time Olympian Heidi Voelker, who wrote it beneath her signature.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Man, at such a time, past any goal she might have once set, it's nice to look back at the foundation again;
Mikaela Shiffrin, practicing at Loveland Valley, right next to Loveland Basin, Colorado, where she so often has practiced.
Right above east side Eisenhower tunnel.

Thanks, Mikaela.

Peace, and many more great runs.

James

Out There
Instructor
Here’s a slo mo of the Feb 2016 Loveland slalom training.

Original was shot by Eric Harbour

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Here’s a slo mo of the Feb 2016 Loveland slalom training.

Original was shot by Eric Harbour
I am surprised at how much pole dragging there is in the video, especially the first half. I wonder if it is the same during a race.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not sure she's any good really. I mean a deplorable 3rd place yesterday and then scraping it by 6/100 for only the 88th win......

Totally agree! Piece of cake raking them World Cup victories in but what happens when Olympics come? Nothing that’s what!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
1679536203408.png