• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Completely unrelated to her achievements between the gates and although I do know discussing female athletes‘ appearance is frowned upon in this Old Men’s Land here but man, Mikaela is getting more and more attractive as she ages. Like fine wine.

Now, some touchy feely admin my feel free to delete this, hehe… :roflmao: :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: JMD

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Just fishing for a retirement job with Peak ;)
I don't think so, do you really think Atomic will let her go anywhere, I think she will stay with them and they will be happy to pay her as long as she holds the record.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I don't think so, do you really think Atomic will let her go anywhere, I think she will stay with them and they will be happy to pay her as long as she holds the record.
Exactly. And if she does something more niche I'd expect it to be a female centric sports thing. More like x Mikaela collections for Adidas or Atomic.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
First, I think it was joke ;) Second, Hirscher was much more for Atomic and their sale then Shiffrin will ever be, yet they did part their ways. Bode was big for Head (and Fischer, Atomic and Rossignol before that), yet they did go their own ways.

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah Hirscher leaving Atomic is big.
Bode leaving Head is not that big a surprise.

Uncle-A

Skier
First, I think it was joke ;) Second, Hirscher was much more for Atomic and their sale then Shiffrin will ever be, yet they did part their ways. Bode was big for Head (and Fischer, Atomic and Rossignol before that), yet they did go their own ways.
How many wins does Hirscher have? Not 88 and still counting because she is still young.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Exactly. And if she does something more niche I'd expect it to be a female centric sports thing. More like x Mikaela collections for Adidas or Atomic.
...if based on the outfit and shoes, although they look like Adidas they're GUCCI

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 2.01.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 1.51.19 PM.png

Uncle-A

Skier
Well, she hasn’t been sponsored by Red Bull for years, and I don’t think she advertises anything for free…
I have seen her in some recent adds that I have not seen previously. I sure can't fault her for making money on her new goat status. It also doesn't hurt that March is the month of the woman and some of the TV shows might be more agreeable to have a ski celebrity booked for appearance.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Jimmy Fallon thing….I’m not a big fan of late night talk show entertainment tv, (but then late night is a lot earlier for me than it used to be). It just struck me as being so contrived - really, he’s a huge fan, but knew nothing about the reindeer ? If he did know then that bit was manufactured for “the show” - the whole thing seemed so superficial. The interviews after the races were way more interesting and to me she seemed different here.
This is the thing I worry about - the double edge sword of recognition by the soul sucking media.