• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

wolcoma

Getting on the lift
Skier
Mikaela is the same age as my daughter who raced against her as a junior. Although back then Mikaela was not only beating all the girls she was beating all the boys too. I wouldn't be surprised if Mikaela could beat some of the WC men in slalom. I think a more appropriate description for Mikaela is she is very "attractive" and presents herself well in advertisements and the media in general.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
“Attractive” she most definitely is - and by all definitions of the word; mentally, athletically, socially.
And yes, physically. And the polite, PC way to describe that particular aspect may be “attractive” - but i’ll wager most men are thinking - HOT!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
“Attractive” she most definitely is - and by all definitions of the word; mentally, athletically, socially.
And yes, physically. And the polite, PC way to describe that particular aspect may be “attractive” - but i’ll wager most men are thinking - HOT!

1700664943269.jpeg

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I know it is far from the main point of the episode but it was somehow really interesting watching everything she was putting into her bag while she was talking at around 20 minutes

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In the interview I really liked this in particular

Mikaela: The record wasn't a limit. It was just the farthest that someone had gotten to that point.

but there is also a lot of stuff relevant to some of the things about Shiffrin that have been discussed in this thrend and other threads on skitalk

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Maybe let's forget about what Mikaela would think and focus on what our female SkiTalk members would think? There's a fine line between stating a fact about someone's looks and objectifying them. Just a thought.

I’m not bothered by original statement, FWIW.
Like DebbieSue, I'm not offended by the comments.

If someone said her beauty is all she's got going for her, I'd be put off by the comment.
And really, hotness comes from more than just outward beauty, its performance, dedication, charm, intelligence, kindness, ....and really how she carries herself.

She's exposed some really raw feelings over the past few years since her dad's death and has continued to be competitive, as well as being a good example to young girls.
That's hot!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
And really, hotness comes from more than just outward beauty, its performance, dedication, charm, intelligence, kindness, ....and really how she carries herself.
I had written a similar post last week when this thread drift began and then deleted it before I posted it. I think it comes off better coming from you than me, a dude :huh: .

Her first run this morning showed some hotness, we will know shortly about run 2.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had written a similar post last week when this thread drift began and then deleted it before I posted it. I think it comes off better coming from you than me, a dude :huh: .

Her first run this morning showed some hotness, we will know shortly about run 2.

Well, she did decently, sort of….all things considered… :ogbiggrin:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
outward beauty, its performance, dedication, charm, intelligence, kindness, ....and really how she carries herself.

Outward beauty is just a part of it yeah. Alone it is not enough but combine all these things and all of us guys are: Damn you Aleksander, you lucky SOB… :roflmao:

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Like DebbieSue, I'm not offended by the comments.

If someone said her beauty is all she's got going for her, I'd be put off by the comment.

She's exposed some really raw feelings over the past few years since her dad's death and has continued to be competitive, as well as being a good example to young girls.
That's hot!

I don't disagree. I guess I was trying to be protective of the women in this community. I'm sure many of us have seen mostly male forums drive women away with commentary and probably overreacted.

Sponsor

Staff online