• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I just looked at the auction. She is raising a lot of money. Great skier, better person.
except when she's disobeying road closures to randomly dispose and abandon range rovers on private property, I can only suppose since they have all broken down.

(just kidding)

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I apologize if this has been previously posted but here is a link to her SI cover article ...

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Apparently if you are the high bidder on some of these auction tems, as a bonus, you also get Mikaela’s feet. :)

I was just about to say that it is of no use to fake interest in the items as you are all busy checking up on her feet... :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
I was just about to say that it is of no use to fake interest in the items as you are all busy checking up on her feet... :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:
The auction items I covet and I am most interested in acquiring are her ankle rotation and toe-heel flex :roflmao:

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
The auction items I covet and I am most interested in acquiring are her ankle rotation and toe-heel flex :roflmao:
Yup, that Instagram video, that’s exactly what I was looking at. Her feet and ankles.

She’s for sure keeping busy

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
Yup, that Instagram video, that’s exactly what I was looking at. Her feet and ankles.
Was obviously referring to the photos of her gear she evidently shot herself, as in about half you can see her sock-ed feet peeking into the frame.:wave:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is an interesting commentary by MS about Killington 2019

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That was pretty funny, off the wall, and honest. Being sheltered is having its effect on everyone. I assume that was shot recently.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I've been watching this young lady ski and talk for a lot of years. This was the best video yet. So comfortable, so honest. So smart. Simply the best.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This is an interesting commentary by MS about Killington 2019
She is so humble, confident, and self-critical all at the same time. A roll model for anyone who wants to be a better person.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From time to time I get notifications of Mikaela's feed on twitter.
This one piqued my interest.

On Her Turf

James

Out There
Instructor
Mikaela Shiffrin, Staggered by 2020, Wants to Enjoy Ski Racing Again
Her father’s death, pandemic-caused cancellations and a wildfire evacuation gave the World Cup champion a new view on competing: “I want to enjoy it, the way I have enjoyed it in the past.”
By Bill Pennington
Sept 21, 2020 The New York Times

Returning to Colorado, Shiffrin — in a first — found a more potent voice on social media in support of calls for racial justice. Many of her followers, used to cheerful workout or dance videos, mounted a bitter backlash. Shiffrin’s response: “Wanna ‘Unfollow?’ I’ll see you to the door.”
Then, in August, she and her mother, Eileen, hurriedly packed their belongings preparing to evacuate as wildfires threatened the Colorado home Shiffrin built just a year ago.

“People ask, ‘How are you doing?’” Shiffrin said last week in a telephone interview. “I don’t really know how to answer that.”...
——————-
www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/sports/skiing/mikaela-shiffrin-world-cup-ski-racing.html