• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
I recall that posting, Doug. Didn't know if that was the story you referenced.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I think 2022 is quite probably her last Olympics so I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to go all out. Still not easy switching it up for the speed events in a short timeframe so I think they would remain throwaways.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
F4F6B401-8C58-4A01-9ACD-4ADE7383471A.jpeg

A few of ”our” kids in Sölden.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
A piece on Mikaela and the upcoming Olympics

I hope the stars align & she goes for it! Another chance to make history :yeah:

James

Out There
Instructor
I suppose we’ll be able to see the Olympics on tv. Will it be our first ski racing?

James

Out There
Instructor
Shiffrin on the Olympics-
———————
“What people see is the pictures with the Olympic rings, and ‘We went to the Opening Ceremonies!’ and ‘Look at these cool outfits! This is such a fun time. This is so great!’ But honestly, it’s terrifying for the entire two weeks straight.”

Her reality, after her last Olympics, was this: “I felt a way in South Korea that I never, ever wanted to feel again in my skiing career.”
—————————-

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
Shiffrin on the Olympics-
———————
“What people see is the pictures with the Olympic rings, and ‘We went to the Opening Ceremonies!’ and ‘Look at these cool outfits! This is such a fun time. This is so great!’ But honestly, it’s terrifying for the entire two weeks straight.”

Her reality, after her last Olympics, was this: “I felt a way in South Korea that I never, ever wanted to feel again in my skiing career.”
—————————-
I really hope that she is now able to enjoy her Olympic experience. She is an unbelievably talented skier and I hope that she can learn to enjoy skiing the way that many of us with talent levels well into the believable range enjoy it.

James

Out There
Instructor
I really hope that she is now able to enjoy her Olympic experience. She is an unbelievably talented skier and I hope that she can learn to enjoy skiing the way that many of us with talent levels well into the believable range enjoy it.
I think we see why she puked up at the start in Korea. From that article, sounds like she’s going to just survive it. I don’t think “enjoy” is on the menu. Maybe new boyfriend skier Kilde will help.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think we see why she puked up at the start in Korea. From that article, sounds like she’s going to just survive it. I don’t think “enjoy” is on the menu. Maybe new boyfriend skier Kilde will help.
I don't know. She has had a lot of big things happen in her life the past couple years. She may have a different mindset/center than she did 3 years ago.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Weird - I thought selfie camera processing reversed the image to true?

I noticed too and have no idea why it looks like that? Was posted in a closed forum by one the U16 athletes in our club.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
So really it's a vanity setting to have your selfies mirror images?

Sponsor

Staff online