• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I was just wondering how much weight is on the bar. I can't see any numbers on the plates. Look like over 100 lbs..
I'm guessing 2-35 or 45#, 2-10#, 2-5#, and a 35 or 45# bat. Whatever it is makes my knees hurt!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I started doing mat Pilates (like last week) to build more core stability and to work some of the smaller muscles that don’t get hit in most weightlifting workouts. I’m feeling validated!
I was doing pilates regularly after @Teppaz posted a link to a short video for ski core strength.
Somehow I got out of the habit of doing it and need to get back at it.

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was just wondering how much weight is on the bar. I can't see any numbers on the plates. Look like over 100 lbs..
Big plate is a standard 45 (you can just barely see the lettering in the still). Based on the size, I’m going to guess a 25 and a 5? So 150+the bar :eek: Reminds me why I quit lifting.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was doing pilates regularly after @Teppaz posted a link to a short video for ski core strength.
Somehow I got out of the habit of doing it and need to get back at it.
I need to get back into it as well. I've been biking and playing tennis regularly this summer and still, my core is lacking. In our house, we call them flabs, not abs!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I need to get back into it as well. I've been biking and playing tennis regularly this summer and still, my core is lacking. In our house, we call them flabs, not abs!
I'll just put this here to make it easier for us to get back to abs over flabs :ogcool:

Last edited:

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
2 - 45#, 2 - 5# and what looks like 2 - 15# plus a light bar so around 10#. So 140 plus body weight one legged....... Pretty impressive to be repping that.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Great Tweet from Mikaela as she gets Back to Skiing

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great Tweet from Mikaela as she gets Back to Skiing

she looks really lean in that video as compared to when she was younger. I know she has a team of professionals looking at this stuff but my inner nurturer worries/hopes she’s getting adequate rest and nutrition!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
she looks really lean in that video as compared to when she was younger. I know she has a team of professionals looking at this stuff but my inner nurturer worries/hopes she’s getting adequate rest and nutrition!
I think she leaned out a bit as she grew up, and I also followed her on IG and other channels over the summer while she was surfing and spending time in warmer climates for a bit. I have a feeling she's plenty fit and well.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Lean!!! what do you mean by lean? Looks to me like she has put on at least 10lbs of solid muscle in the past couple years (Kilde influence?). I guess that is lean muscle? Either way, she looks “fit as a fiddle-healthy as a horse-lean, mean, fighting machine!” & ready for some DH!
She is listed at 5’ 7” & 141lbs.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Lean!!! what do you mean by lean? Looks to me like she has put on at least 10lbs of solid muscle in the past couple years (Kilde influence?). I guess that is lean muscle? Either way, she looks “fit as a fiddle-healthy as a horse-lean, mean, fighting machine!” & ready for some DH!
She is listed at 5’ 7” & 141lbs.
Yes, lean as in muscular with very little body fat. 5’7” and 141 seems like a very healthy athletic weight! I didn’t know her stats… just looking at visuals. @Tricia’s observation about her leaning out as she’s grown up rings true to me.

4ster

Instructor
Yes, lean as in muscular with very little body fat. 5’7” and 141 seems like a very healthy athletic weight! I didn’t know her stats… just looking at visuals. @Tricia’s observation about her leaning out as she’s grown up rings true to me.
I would agree with you and @Tricia. She has definitely lost baby fat and gained muscle mass and strength over the past 10 years. I would also speculate that her nutrition is down to a scientific formula and probably much better than we could imagine.
6BCC771E-C4AC-4CDA-AE4A-82EDD3515D42.jpeg

I thought you might be saying she looked skinny :roflmao:

4ster

Instructor

James

Out There
Instructor
Don’t do it. Not worth it to get some wacko all obsessed over it.

4ster

Instructor
No, focus on skiing!
Seriously! I hope people don't start asking her to sing & play guitar or maybe a cooking show on how to prepare Barilla pasta :ogbiggrin:.
Maybe a political round table with WC racers & pop stars :popcorn:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Seriously! I hope people don't start asking her to sing & play guitar or maybe a cooking show on how to prepare Barilla pasta :ogbiggrin:.
Maybe a political round table with WC racers & pop stars :popcorn:
She'll have plenty of time to YouTube etc. when she decides to retire. So many athletes seem to lose their way when they become slaves to either advertising, social media, or other outside factors.

Sponsor

Staff online