• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Fifteen one hundredths. Insane how close in skill these top competitors are.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Fell free to jump all over me, but I thought her second run looked shaky, and she seemed to think so to - seemed like she dropped her head, body language generally said "I've messed up", but then seemed to regather and bear down, power through at the end, and was pleasantly surprised.

pud

Putting on skis
Skier
Fell free to jump all over me, but I thought her second run looked shaky, and she seemed to think so to - seemed like she dropped her head, body language generally said "I've messed up", but then seemed to regather and bear down, power through at the end, and was pleasantly surprised.
She was skiing to win the race, and she won. All good! Why is it necessary to be negative.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
She was skiing to win the race, and she won. All good! Why is it necessary to be negative.
You have a strange definition of negative ogsmile
Just my observations, probably worth no more than the electrons used to communicate them!

Tom Holtmann

TomH
Skier
Most of the top racers seemed a bit "shaky" on the second run as it looked pretty dark and hard to see the bumps and dips. Who knows what went thru her mind when she had those bobbles (besides probably a curse word) but it clearly was the right thoughts. When they played the replay of one of the bobbles in slow motion I thought I actually saw her smile believe it or not. Anyway - cool race all around.

maple19

Getting on the lift
Skier
I actually like that her second runs have been less than perfect this week! It’s been a while since she was really willing to push in poor conditions and it was nice to see her “ski to win” and be willing to make some mistakes yesterday and today. This week seems like a really positive step in that regard, even if the runs themselves haven’t been perfect.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nobody felt good on that course, besides perhaps the first 4-5 ones in each run. It was a fight.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
All the later racers were struggling with that course. I thought MS handled it as well or better than the rest. And the results bear that out.

She is having a great season so far. Five wins and a big lead in the overall. And it's only December! Can't ask for more.
This makes very good sense - I only watched Michaela's run initially, and didn't get a good feel for the course difficulty. All the more impressive for winning on a brutal course!