• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Black Dog

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
Looks like Bode also does a thing on Eurosports called "The Cube" where he analyzes skiers runs in 3D.
Any way to get this in the US?

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The only way to get the EuroSport stuff in the USA is to use a VPN to an EU nation.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
I thought the question about skiing being selfish was interesting. There are other sports that are 'selfish' as well. You could argue tennis, track, swimming, or basically any other individual competitive sport is likewise selfish. Solo act musical performers are also 'selfish.' You could see Mikaela was taken aback somewhat by the question. But in hindsight, I don't think it was really a fair question. She is doing something she loves and there is an audience that wants to see her perform. She wouldn't be paid for it otherwise. Not like she is operating in a vacuum, which was what the question seemed to be implying.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I installed the Eurosport app, told my VPN I wanted Austria and gained access to those videos, but lost access to the video on the OP. Plus this stupid app doesn't have a search feature. Anyway, couldn't find an extended interview.

Last edited:

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I thought the question about skiing being selfish was interesting. There are other sports that are 'selfish' as well. You could argue tennis, track, swimming, or basically any other individual competitive sport is likewise selfish. Solo act musical performers are also 'selfish.' You could see Mikaela was taken aback somewhat by the question. But in hindsight, I don't think it was really a fair question. She is doing something she loves and there is an audience that wants to see her perform. She wouldn't be paid for it otherwise. Not like she is operating in a vacuum, which was what the question seemed to be implying.

I think, at this level, or any level of this sport, there's no room for selfishness. You are a member of a team, a team of coaches, boot fitters, ski tuners, fans. If all one wants to do is to do well for oneself, I think one would hit a limit. It's when one works with others, harnessing their ideas and efforts along with one's own, that one can exceed one's limits.

Edit: Hmm, just watched the video. Yes, Mikaela!! Her head is so screwed on right. That part about going out on account of all the work others have done. I think the person who was taken aback was Bode, not Mikeala, 'yeah' and onto something else. Bode feeling he's on shaky ground and changing the subject. :)

Edit 2: What an interviewer asks is more telling of the interviewer, not of the interviewee.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online