• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mike Wiegele (1938 – 2021)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
217391467_10158869396849219_3986739943088181609_n.jpg
From Wiegele's Facebook Page...
It is with profound sadness that today we share the passing of our founder and industry legend, Mike Wiegele. Everyone at Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing (MWHS) extends our deepest sympathies to the Wiegele family, most notably Mike’s wife Bonnie, their daughter Michelle and their grandson Charlie.
Mike enjoyed close and enduring relationships with a broad community of colleagues, guests, and friends from all walks of life -- kinships forged on skis, on bikes and on hikes up mountain trails. Our entire team extends condolences to those connected to Mike across Canada and around the world.
Mike lived a remarkable life. He had an unparalleled passion for skiing, was a fearless entrepreneur and was a tireless and innovative advocate for safety in the mountains. His industry leadership spans 50+ years leading to numerous national and international commendations.
Competitor, coach, pioneer, entrepreneur, husband, father, and man of the mountains. We remember the motto by which Mike lived his life, and we carry it with us in our hearts and into the mountains.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I shared a chairlift ride @Mammoth a few years back with his wife Bonnie, she was delightful. My condolences to the family. #legend

pliny the elder

Industry Insider
Skier
Mike and Bonnie Wiegele are two of the best people l have had the pleasure of knowing. Despite a lifetime in the ski business, Mike's eyes would still light up and sparkle as he talked skiing.
Yes, he was a pioneer and a successful entrepreneur, but at his core , he was a skier.
The last couple of years were not so kind to Mike so I know he's at peace now.

pliny the elder

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A life well skied! RIP, Mike.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
One of the best weeks of my ski life!
RIP Mike !!!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid