• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Lots of tree well exposure at Whitefish..

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I wonder if they use RFID lift tickets. If they do they can see if that was in fact the last lift he accessed and narrow things down a bit. I'd assume they've tried to ping his phone.

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
We skied there today. They searched till about noon with a heli, looked pretty hi tech, maybe infrared onboard.
The word on the mountain was that he is an intermediate skier who had been there before and split off from his group to take one last run for the day. They don't think he went bushwhacking, just probably skied off the edge of a trail. It was snowing moderately at the time. He was either a Firefighter or Retired Firefighter. Hard to imagine how he could survive with cold. 0's at night and teens during the day. Really hard to imagine they have not found him yet as not all of the trails were open at the time.
They delayed opening the upper part of the mountain this morning sweeping the trails for him. Not sure i would think the more people looking for him the better.

http://www.mynbc5.com/article/crews-search-for-missing-skier-at-whiteface/16570878

Last edited:

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Retired firefighter. Besides Bravosarah, I've another friend in Toronto Fire. Don't know to link her link here with the tablet. But nothing yet. Wife on site. Obivously at this point not good. But hoping.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Hoping for the best. But having logged many days there, it's very rugged territory and it can be just brutally cold when the sun goes down and the wind pipes up.
Fingers crossed for all and that shred of hope.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Sounds like the dreaded... just one more run ending in disaster, this time tragedy. I feel bad for his family if it does, indeed end sadly. I guess If I do have to check out it might as well be taking that one more run though so who knows..

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Retired firefighter. Besides Bravosarah, I've another friend in Toronto Fire. Don't know to link her link here with the tablet. But nothing yet. Wife on site. Obivously at this point not good. But hoping.
Like this? @Bravosarah

Sending vibes this guy and his friends.

Sponsor

Staff online