• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Modern bindings for older skis

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Also strong agree with Phil on the G9 tho 195 would be too short for me back then….

I still have a pair of 206cm G9s that I rock on retro days.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Also in the #tryingtoparedown column, alas...

cloudymind

Booting up
Skier
interesting post
is 100$ the avg price for the fischer 16? what's the street price for a 12 or 14?
do you think a good binding like the freeflex 16 (looks like being made of metal) could outlast the ski it is mounted on? i finished the edges on my head gs and i plan to transfer the bindings on the new gsx i bought. would definitively ask the shop to check the working conditions. but maybe better go with a brand new 14 din?

i also have these rossignols 100, entry level stuff 11din. the skis are trashed but i only did 5 days on them so the bindings should be ok. i would like to use them for replacing the red tyrolias that are mounted on a pair of old skis for some occasional retro day.

so the plan is
freflex 16 switched from head to the new GS and cheap rossi on the '80s TUA
or maybe better
cheap rossi on the new GS and freeflex16 on the old TUA
to make everything more complicated i also have an older pair of GS with edges a bit worn, they have a freeflex 18 but i bought used and even if they look great i'm reluctant to reuse them on the gsx, i could put on the vintage K2 i bought

my DIN is 7 usually so theoretically the cheap ones should do ok just they look a bit plastic and out of place on a faster ski.

Attachments

• DSC04432.JPG
    DSC04432.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC04442.JPG
    DSC04442.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 8
TS
A

Andrew Read

Booting up
Skier
I thought 100$ for the R16 was some crazy deal, but they've been in stock at that price for months now at L9. They went even cheaper after Black Friday.

Dunno if they just have a whole warehouse full of them, or if nobody else wants them. They mounted fine and my knees are still intact so how bad can they be? The tab forward pressure system isn't the greatest, but that's my only complaint.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I thought 100$ for the R16 was some crazy deal, but they've been in stock at that price for months now at L9. They went even cheaper after Black Friday.

Dunno if they just have a whole warehouse full of them, or if nobody else wants them. They mounted fine and my knees are still intact so how bad can they be? The tab forward pressure system isn't the greatest, but that's my only complaint.

They work, we have brakes available, sweeeet :thumb::thumb:

Sponsor

Staff online