• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Never-Ending Moment Skis Discussion

BVG

Booting up
Skier
Yes! The Wildcats 108 can still decently grip underfoot if theresbut with their large tip/tail splay and rocker are loads of fun off piste. Very easy even in tighter spots but can rip when you want it to haul in open spaces. Punch way above their weight.

190cm for sure and will ski similar in size to the Astris. Atris doesn’t have quite as high splay(tail especially) or as deep rocker and the Moment has a mount about 1.5cm more forward. The Wildcat 108 will feel hair shorter when pivoting but when on edge carving, it will feel more stable like a longer Atris. Wildcat 108 stiffer in the shovel so you can drive it harder but forgiving in the extreme tips/tails like the Atris so it’s not demanding.

Sounds like a dream ski

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Was just on TGR and one person asking a Wildcat 108 and PB&J(now called Wildcat 101) owner about the two.
His quote “WC 108’s are just so great as a Tahoe daily driver. I still have my PB&J’s but don’t use them much.”

Reactions: BVG

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
Saw that too and I agree that wildcat 108 and Deathwish are the perfect skis for a quiver of 1 in Tahoe. I have the OG wildcat so I think there is too much overlap. I would rather do Commander 98-Wildcat or WC 108-chipotle banana. Tahoe snow is never as hard as what I known in the Alps so if Edge to edge quickness is not your top priority you don’t necessarily need a sub-100mm ski.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Not sure about what they prepare fro next year but I would be curious to try a narrower/hard snow focused skis from them.
From Luke (Moment CEO):
"We are not making a PB&Death and not going to do a group buy with a ski that we can not test and refine. New skis drop 8/1. I think you guys will be stoked about what we came up with. "

Hearing rumours of a 104mm Deathwish.....

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hearing rumours of a 104mm Deathwish.....
I'd like to hear rumors of an 88 Commander or DW. For me, a high 90s or >100 would not make a good Tahoe daily driver. The knees just don't dig that wide on groomers and there are days when that's pretty much all there is, especially earlier in the season before there's enough snow in the trees to go play around.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'd like to hear rumors of an 88 Commander or DW. For me, a high 90s or >100 would not make a good Tahoe daily driver. The knees just don't dig that wide on groomers and there are days when that's pretty much all there is, especially earlier in the season before there's enough snow in the trees to go play around.
I am not sure that shape of these skis and their amount of tip rocker would make sense in an 88mm.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I am not sure that shape of these skis and their amount of tip rocker would make sense in an 88mm.
I haven't seen the Commanders for a while, so I don't recall how much rocker they have. Whatever the shape, I wish Moment would take a stab at the 88ish segment. They do know what their clientele likes, though, so I don't foresee anything along those lines.

Reactions: Flo

Foss1997

Booting up
Skier
Im wondering if anyone has experience with the WC108 and either Enforcer 100 or 110 and can compare/contrast.

I'd like to add a wider ski to the quiver for deeper days/softer conditions. My daily driver is a 186 E100. I am an all mtn skier, mostly directional and on edge a lot turning no matter the slope or speed back to the lift. I love a powerful ski in this regard (front side skis are AX and WRT-ST) and I've found the E100's do quite well at being on edge and offering some float, off piste versatility ect but I'd like something wider for deeper days, the days after a storm when I am looking for leftovers, playing in the trees, but also ripping groomers.

I've considered an E110 just because of my fondness for the E100 but I demo'd the 104 once and didn't care for it a bit, too soft and not comfortable on edge or at speed (perhaps it was the tune). Have also owned DPS Wailer 112 (great in soft, slow speed/short turns, fresh, trees, but not stable nor damp for crud/high speed) and the A106 (no slow speed/short versatility, ok in trees, not very damp, meh performance everywhere).

Have never owned a Moment but this thread is convincing!

Nonetheless, anyone with experience between the various enforcers and the WC 108? I am 6 4 190, would buy the 190 cm WC or E110. Thx!

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
E110 is the best enforcer imho, especially for tight trees, but I would probably have the WC108 just by gregs bragging about it :p

I would have gotten WC108 long ago if it wasnt for currency/tax things makeing it cost 3-4x enforcer here.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I would have gotten WC108 long ago if it wasnt for currency/tax things makeing it cost 3-4x enforcer here.

You need to get in touch with our friends from Blacksheepsports and have them put you on the preorder list for the next season. Prices are the same as from Moment US only in euros.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
mostly directional and on edge a lot turning no matter the slope or speed back to the lift. I love a powerful ski in this regard (front side skis are AX and WRT-ST) and I've found the E100's do quite well at being on edge and offering some float, off piste versatility ect but I'd like something wider for deeper days, the days after a storm when I am looking for leftovers, playing in the trees, but also ripping groomers.

A 190cm 2021 Candide 3.0 mounted in the “all mountain/-3cm from Candide line” would be a perfect ski for you! Takes the higher turning radius and higher top end of the Wildcat series and adds a longer effective edge than the Wildcat or Enforcer series with it’s milder tip/tail taper.

Can run the Candide sharp tip to tail(widest taper point) so they have great grip when on edge but pivot when you want off piste. Tail is less loose than an Enforcer Free or Wildcat so a bit more similar to your existing skis. Solid, more uniform flex throughout and a very powerful carver. Carves VERY well for it’s width as it feels more like a 105ish wide ski. Stable at 55-60mph plus even in the 184cm that I ski at 6’2”/175 and the 190cm is even better. Yet it’s one of the most fun bump skis I’ve been on as it’s easy to pivot and it’s uniform flex pattern that’s not punishing of mistakes.

@anders_nor is taller and heavier than myself and skis the 190cm 2021 Candide 3.0 and loves it too.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
CT 3.0 is the best carving &chargy 112 I ever tried, better than pretty much every 100mm ski as well (that Ive tried ) . its such a weird ski. if I was to guess width by just carving it, Id say 100-102mm, and a very good 100-102, only other ski in 100m that is near it is mantra 102 imho for just shredding fast hard carves. I can only attest to the wooooooooooooooo aspect of the CT 3.0, I have not tried finessing it through tress or anything yet, as I' own too many skies and keep switching it up. (mantra 102 is HORRIBLE for that btw) ct 3.0 is way better than m-free 108 192cm even, and most year even older heavier 194 devs for fast stuff.

For me I find enforcer series skis to be more a woood, bump and powski, than a carving ski or a charger, but at 6'3 and 240 I tend to overpower most skis when I lay them over and push. so whats right for me, might not be for you. but @GregK and me pretty much go 1:1 on what we likes for skis. but he sometimes goes shorter length since hes petite! :p

Foss1997

Booting up
Skier
Wow I would’ve thought at least one person in this thread would’ve said the wc108!?

AngryAnalyst

Out on the slopes
Skier
CT 3.0 is the best carving &chargy 112 I ever tried, better than pretty much every 100mm ski as well (that Ive tried ) . its such a weird ski. if I was to guess width by just carving it, Id say 100-102mm, and a very good 100-102, only other ski in 100m that is near it is mantra 102 imho for just shredding fast hard carves. I can only attest to the wooooooooooooooo aspect of the CT 3.0, I have not tried finessing it through tress or anything yet, as I' own too many skies and keep switching it up. (mantra 102 is HORRIBLE for that btw) ct 3.0 is way better than m-free 108 192cm even, and most year even older heavier 194 devs for fast stuff.

This makes me want a CT 3.0....

Any experience on the narrower ones?

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier

yes I own 2 pairs of the 2.0 2021 + the 5.0 2021 considering adding a 1.0 but not 100% sold on the length, but taper and camber profile might make me go for it regardless.

@GregK has 1.0 2.0 3.0 2021 .

I think we will upset a lot of people talking about them here though, so somebody needs to make a faction thread :p

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Wow I would’ve thought at least one person in this thread would’ve said the wc108!?

Fantastic ski but with the larger rocker and the fact that you don’t have as much effective edge after you detune above the contact point it’s not as perfect a choice for someone wanting more carving ability. The Commander 108 with it’s flatter tail would be a more traditional tailed ski with more on piste chops vs the Wildcat.

The new Candide 3.0 is just so shockingly good when it comes to carving ability in it’s width.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier

I hear they are very overrated.........lol

Since I started this thread I guess we can allow a thread drift as there are lots of people that want a narrower ski for firmer snow that are still fun from a non major manufacturer.

I’ll have to post a Faction review thread on all of them but they have been a huge surprise. Bought the 2.0 first and the 3.0 and now 1.0 followed.
Stable at high speeds but still playful and VERY DAMP especially in the narrow(1.0 and 2.0) versions with all their rubber used in the construction. Solid, uniform flex on all models with the 1.0 being the stiffest, 2.0 and 3.0 slightly softer(2.0 a hair softer). They ski like a Brahma 88, Bonafide 97 that happens to have a twin tip and more forward mount so it’s easier off piste.

Current collection.

94662C01-E071-4A84-98C3-B665EB10A89F.jpeg

Foss1997

Booting up
Skier
I don’t know that I need a direct replacement for the E100. Something more suited to storm days and the day after which means more time in the trees, off piste, and some carving back to the lift or to get from zone to zone. .

As much as I’ve ready about the wildcat, I haven’t seen the same praise about the commander.

Is the WC108 a more versatile ski than the e110? Anyone with time on both care to comment on the aspects of each?

Thx!

Fantastic ski but with the larger rocker and the fact that you don’t have as much effective edge after you detune above the contact point it’s not as perfect a choice for someone wanting more carving ability. The Commander 108 with it’s flatter tail would be a more traditional tailed ski with more on piste chops vs the Wildcat.

The new Candide 3.0 is just so shockingly good when it comes to carving ability in it’s width.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
not comfortable on edge or at speed

This quote about your Enforcer 104 demo made me wonder if you’re going to have the same issue on the 110 as it’s similar rocker, turn radius and shape.

The Wildcat is very easy to pivot in trees, fun off piste, great for it’s weight in crud and a very good carver on soft snow. The Commander will just be a stronger carver on piste but not as easy and playful off piste. The longer turning radius of either will be more stable at higher speeds than the Enforcers but not quite a damp in the lighter Wildcat range.

The Commander 98 and 108 were just revamped this year and made a decent ski much better when it comes to groomer performance. The Wildcat 108 has been around for a few years so more reviews on it for sure.

Sponsor

Staff online