• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Moots Cubed

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
How many times can you say "Moots"! :ogbiggrin:
(don't get me wrong, awesome bikes..)

"The Moots Vamoots RCS was engineered by Moots for those who want to ride on a variety of road surfaces but still demand a classic-look road bike. "

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ahhh...Titanium...some day...
Bought my Serotta ti bike 18 years ago. Still happy riding it... and every time I think I should try carbon I end up coming back to the Serotta.
Warm, smooth, firm under power...what's not to like?
Go Moots!

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I'm riding an 853 frame...steel..I'd like to stiffen it a bit and I'll try that soon..but otherwise, no carbon for me. I likey the steel and Ti!

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That new Vamoots RCS hits all the sweet spots: that lovely Vamoots geometry and clearance for 32mm (and likely up to 35mm) tires. My 2019 Vamoots DR can handle 32mm tires with ease, so this should be really useful for most folks' "one bike quiver" needs (as long as they aren't looking for true MTB stuff).

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Had one, ride a Mosaic ti now - only switched when Moots wouldn’t put a threaded BB on an RSL. Said it was too hard to weld the big DT to the bb shell. Aaron seemed to be able to do it just fine. (This was before t47).

still have much love for them and ti is great.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Had one, ride a Mosaic ti now - only switched when Moots wouldn’t put a threaded BB on an RSL.

Huh. All of the current RSL and RCS offerings (road and gravel) have threaded BBs. Must've figured out that it wasn't that risky.

One thing that Moots definitely has going for it is the 3D printed dropouts. The alignment of the flat-mount disc bosses is totally spot-on. A mechanic friend of mine who has built up a ton of ti frames from various manufacturers said the 3D printed stuff is the industry leader in disc brake setup, regardless of material used.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
@Rudi Riet - this was 2014 or so, upgrading to an RSL from a Vamoots CR, full custom geo - Pressfit BB only at the time. Pretty sure I wasn’t the only one to move to Mosiac for that reason. This was when PF was ........not good or reliable

run rim brakes on road. So..... #rimbrakesarenotdead

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
its really more like a race road bike with wider tire clearance, Im not so sure it has a big market. The geo is not for gravel and pretty steep HA @ 73*, and most endurance road bike have a more relaxed geo and can take a 35. The ride is uber smooth and silky but not sure about this one. Why not take this model and widen the stays a little. But, they are the pro's and Im sure they know what they are doing.

Sponsor