• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

More outdoor than this?

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Wanted to post this last week, but just got the video.

As much grief as I got from this crowd about my old (now replaced) ski gear, I should probably know better -- maybe no one will notice it's from the last millennium if I don't say anything (whoops).

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
BTW,
To celebrate, we will take a plane on Saturday sept 3rd, and fly to..New York.
Kiddo hopes to see the Marvel Superheroes moving around the city...
I think they hangout at Times Square, sometimes they bother the tourists and might try to charge you if you want a photo with them.

Uncle-A

Skier
BTW,
To celebrate, we will take a plane on Saturday sept 3rd, and fly to..New York.
Kiddo hopes to see the Marvel Superheroes moving around the city...
Seriously, people dress up as the super heroes and hangout in Times Square for the tourist. Not a joke.

TS
Nobody

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Wow! Much like the "Roman Centurions" hanging around the Coliseum in Rome...Then we'll head to Times Square for sure (I guess we would have in any case, IIRC we are based near it)
I will not tell him, so it'll be a surprise!

Uncle-A

Skier
Wow! Much like the "Roman Centurions" hanging around the Coliseum in Rome...Then we'll head to Times Square for sure (I guess we would have in any case, IIRC we are based near it)
I will not tell him, so it'll be a surprise!
Sometimes the NY police send them on their way if they bother the tourist too much, so no guarantees they will be there. They might be more visible on the weekends because some might have day jobs.

Uncle-A

Skier
TS
Nobody

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Hey, CONGRATULATIONS!
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-30 at 18.44.49.jpeg
And here we are, this is from May, wedding day. "Family" smirk from us two gentlemen was not planned :)
Seriously, people dress up as the super heroes and hangout in Times Square for the tourist. Not a joke.
We saw them! Jr. had a picture taken with Super Mario and the whole gang, it costed us quite a lot!
From then on, every time we were passing through Times Square, I was forewarning him not to approach them or the money would have come out of his pocket money! ;-)
For all its drawback, we love NYC, I am a country boy, but if I were ever to think to move to a City in the World, NYC would be the one.

Uncle-A

Skier
View attachment 178880
And here we are, this is from May, wedding day. "Family" smirk from us two gentlemen was not planned :)

We saw them! Jr. had a picture taken with Super Mario and the whole gang, it costed us quite a lot!
From then on, every time we were passing through Times Square, I was forewarning him not to approach them or the money would have come out of his pocket money! ;-)
For all its drawback, we love NYC, I am a country boy, but if I were ever to think to move to a City in the World, NYC would be the one.
I am happy you had a good visit to the Big Apple and that Jr got to see some of the Super Heroes. I think that I told you they do charge for photos, although I didn't know how much. That is a good photo of the family all dressed up so nice.

Sponsor