• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

More outdoor than this?

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Well, not really.
Last fall as a Birthday present my best half made a proposal for an "unusual" gift....try something new
I the middle there was also the decision to make an "honest man out of me"...which happened end of May...
Then in July, at last, the "unusual"...

Even if as a passenger, to get airborne has brought back memories of my youth. Aaah to fly again after 30 years since my last flight as a PPL pilot...I must confess that a teardrop came out, at about midflight...am I going to take on paragliding? Never say never but for now, better not.

Last edited by a moderator:

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I wanna do that!

TS
Nobody

Nobody

Skier
Pssst... Wifey chose to have pictures of her flight taken instead of a clip...but she is closely and jealously guarding the access to those...

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I the middle there was also the decision to make an "honest man out of me"...which happened end of May...

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS!

Even if as a passenger, to get airborne has brought back memories of my youth. Aaah to fly again after 30 years since my last flight as a PPL pilot...I must confess that a teardrop came out, at about midflight...am I going to take on paragliding? Never say never but for now, better not.

Hehe.
First you just ride,

then you do the turn to final and the flare,

then you pull down one of the toggles to your kneecap and hold it there until even your sunglasses get dizzy and they wind up lecturing you at the DZ about losing too much altitude going directly downwind and they don't want to rescue you from the pig farm again. Could you shower, please?
#
wrongsortofoutdoor

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Whoa. I wonder if @Yo Momma and Wifey would do this.

TS
Nobody

Nobody

Skier
Hehe.
First you just ride,

then you do the turn to final and the flare,

then you pull down one of the toggles to your kneecap and hold it there until even your sunglasses get dizzy and they wind up lecturing you at the DZ about losing too much altitude going directly downwind and they don't want to rescue you from the pig farm again. Could you shower, please?
#
wrongsortofoutdoor
Bwawawa! That is really really a fun read! I much needed a laugh nowadays! Thanks a lot! :)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Very cool, glad you enjoyed the ride.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Pretty sure I'd really enjoy that once I got off the ground.. But, give me any excuse to back out ant it's a big "NOPE" from me these days..

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Here I am on a training flight in 2001 . I flew for several years and really enjoyed paragliding. I really enjoyed:
  • Watching whales while flying above them over the ocean.
  • Circling in a flock of pelicans
  • Climbing up in a thermal with a bald eagle
  • Getting towed behind a car on the beach to 4000' above
  • Portable gear, went to Australia for flying, saw koala in the trees while flying.

AUT_4458.JPG

TS
Nobody

Nobody

Skier
Here I am on a training flight in 2001 . I flew for several years and really enjoyed paragliding. I really enjoyed:
  • Watching whales while flying above them over the ocean.
  • Circling in a flock of pelicans
  • Climbing up in a thermal with a bald eagle
  • Getting towed behind a car on the beach to 4000' above
  • Portable gear, went to Australia for flying, saw koala in the trees while flying.

View attachment 174091
Absolutely brillliant, marvellous!

TS
Nobody

Nobody

Skier
Wifey just chimed in w/ an emphatic "NO WAY!" LMAO As for me... Too many hobbies already!!! LOL LOVE the video. Looks like fun!
But I agree with you, Yo Momma...too many hobbies and one neds up woith no money to run proficiently, end enjoy, none of them, or to run any at all...sigh.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Careful about that towed behind a car thing. In my misspent youth I had a romance with someone who was a was an enthusiast and even taught. Was killed at too young an age being towed behind a car at the beach.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Careful about that towed behind a car thing. In my misspent youth I had a romance with someone who was a was an enthusiast and even taught. Was killed at too young an age being towed behind a car at the beach.
Obviously don't know if your youth was misspent or not. Arguably the only misspent youth is the one put on ice to accrue interest. (Guess what? It doesn't work like that.) Sure sounds like you did not make THAT mistake.

Sponsor

Staff online