• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

More praise for the Renoun Z-90

Lance

Booting up
Skier
There isn't much I can say about this ski that has not already been written on Pugski, but for anyone on the fence about purchasing the Z-90's--buy them!

I just spent two days on the Z-90's at Northstar in just about every snow condition thanks to some crazy weather last week, and the skis were fantastic. They blasted through ice, powder, groomers, and slush without a problem. I had a boot problem so I had to rent boots that were a bit too big and I still felt fully confident on the Z-90s. At 50+ mph speeds (per Ski Tracks...) I didn't even feel like I was close to the speed limit of these skis and the faster you go, the more stable they get. It's crazy!

For reference I'm 5'9" 165 lbs and a fairly aggressive skier. I purchased the 174's, and I'm very happy. Although I wouldn't mind taking the 165's for a spin because they might be even more fun for someone my size.

Thanks again to the Pugski crew for recommending these skis!

oboe

Booting up
Skier
Cyrus brought the Z-90 Renouns down from his office, handed them to me, and said "Enjoy!" I've followed his direction and have been doing so. They are performing as advertised, and FUN! FUN! FUN! I have taught lower level skiers on the bunny hill, zipped along on those fun narrow, winding ungroomed trails with bumps and rocks to dodge, and let them go as fast as they want on groomers. I have 100 days form the date of delivery to like them or return them. I AM KEEPING THEM!!!! Now I have some Kastle FX94 and Stockli Laser AX for sale. FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm not all that as a skier [great teacher, though], but on the Renouns, I AM all that . . . or at least, I feel that way. They have boosted my confidence immeasurably. Point being - we've already heard from the hotshot skiers how the Z-90 will withstand the tough tests. But non-hotshot skiers can't help but up their game, feel more confident, and have twenty tons of fun of them. These are my daily drivers for all conditions that don't call for a powder ski. They have a huge performance envelope - meaning two things: (a) They perform exceedingly will in a very large range of conditions and at all speeds at which I [and apparently, others] care to travel. (b) They serve an exceedingly wide range of skier abilities. But seriously, (c) THEY ARE FUN FUN FUN!!!

Guillaume

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Cyrus brought the Z-90 Renouns down from his office, handed them to me, and said "Enjoy!" I've followed his direction and have been doing so. They are performing as advertised, and FUN! FUN! FUN! I have taught lower level skiers on the bunny hill, zipped along on those fun narrow, winding ungroomed trails with bumps and rocks to dodge, and let them go as fast as they want on groomers. I have 100 days form the date of delivery to like them or return them. I AM KEEPING THEM!!!! Now I have some Kastle FX94 and Stockli Laser AX for sale. FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm not all that as a skier [great teacher, though], but on the Renouns, I AM all that . . . or at least, I feel that way. They have boosted my confidence immeasurably. Point being - we've already heard from the hotshot skiers how the Z-90 will withstand the tough tests. But non-hotshot skiers can't help but up their game, feel more confident, and have twenty tons of fun of them. These are my daily drivers for all conditions that don't call for a powder ski. They have a huge performance envelope - meaning two things: (a) They perform exceedingly will in a very large range of conditions and at all speeds at which I [and apparently, others] care to travel. (b) They serve an exceedingly wide range of skier abilities. But seriously, (c) THEY ARE FUN FUN FUN!!!

Are you still as happy 2 months later with the z-90 or did you return them.

Spinning in my head for next season between Z-90 174 and the Stockli AX 177, which I actually demoed for a whole day and really liked it. They have an incredible edge grip without being too demanding, why would you say the z-90 are better than the AX? My preferred terrain is lift line bumps, glades if conditions are good but ended up spending most of my time on groomers. I did put $250 down to reserve a pair of Z90 for next season, I'm just not sure it's the right decision since out of 6 skis I demoed this year, the AX is the only one I liked and I can't demo the Renoun. I'm 5'10 180#.