• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Morocco

patmoore

Septuagenarian Snowboard/Ski Racer
Skier
Just got back from 10 days in Marrakech, Fez, and Casablanca. Here are a few shots from the trip.

IMG_8163.JPG
IMG_8427.JPG
surfer 3.jpg
AJDWE9243.JPG
IMG_E8482.JPG
IMG_7978.JPG

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Ive heard the surf can be pretty solid there without much crowd pressure. True?

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice photos!
As a young child I lived near Rabat from 1957-59 when my dad was serving on a US Navy base there (long closed). I never returned to Morocco, but remember it had Southern California type weather along the coast where we lived. Two of my children spent time in Morocco for study-abroad programs during their college years.

I have vague memories as a little kid of hazardous surf conditions at the beach, which probably meant good conditions for modern surfers.

TS
patmoore

patmoore

Septuagenarian Snowboard/Ski Racer
Skier
The surfing shot was taken at the town of Essaouira and the waves were impacted by a full moon. We saw a few chairs and signs drift out as the water came way up.

Morocco was a pleasant surprise. We really enjoyed our stay there especially Marrakesh.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nice photos!
As a young child I lived near Rabat from 1957-59 when my dad was serving on a US Navy base there (long closed). I never returned to Morocco, but remember it had Southern California type weather along the coast where we lived. Two of my children spent time in Morocco for study-abroad programs during their college years.

I have vague memories as a little kid of hazardous surf conditions at the beach, which probably meant good conditions for modern surfers.
Triggering thread, but in a good way.
Growing up, I had a nextdoor neighbor and friend who did college in Switzerland. Sadly his heart expired a day after his 60th birthday. One of many memory's I have is of the time he and a classmate's passports were stolen on holiday break in Marrakech. His banker father thru banking channels arranged for the two to to wait it out in the home of the USA ambassador to Morocco. Everyone was worried about them being stuck in Morocco, meanwhile the two were living it up in the lap of luxury complete with a free pass to smoke hashish in the cafe's, LOL.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I climbed mt atlas a few years ago, in June. Looked at a few couloirs that could be fun to ski.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've never skied there.
Did meet one of their Olympian's who told me that while season is fairly short, there is some good skiing, just not a lot of development, they still have to do most of their training elsewhere.

Not sure what atmospherics cause the lighting in Morrocco to be spectacular but the sunsets certainly are beautiful.
Wonderful people.

Sponsor

Staff online