• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mostly wine stuff

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was shamed into waiting ... then realized I bought this tonight. 

Very pleasnt, think it would rest another 5 yrs without issue.

20230307_181152.jpg

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So .... 2 bottles in one evening?
Your recycling container must be overflowing with empty wine bottles!

..... which is a good thing:ogcool:

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
One of those nights… Had the chance to drink some nice wine. A few rieslings first (Trimbacher worth of a mentioning) and then reds, Ojai Pinot från California was liked by me (not so much by others), a bit too much sweet berries on the nose but very pleasant taste. Then onto the best, Bourgognes . Two 2010 and 2019 Pommard. The Crand Cru was of course great but did not wow me as I would’ve expected it to. The Chambertain was better — something off with the Latricieres suspected, as it should be a head taller. Pommard super, 2019 can be enjoyed already. Also really nice vintage.

F82C4C1C-CB08-4EC2-8FFE-66214907E69F.jpeg 288C2BB5-09F3-4C22-ABD1-801D8E4A144D.jpeg 9EC87316-EBF0-4DE2-A23E-10BA0CCE2D7A.jpeg

Last edited:

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
One of those nights… Had the chance to drink some nice wine. A few rieslings first (Trimbacher worth of a mentioning) and then reds, Ojai Pinot från California was liked by me (not so much by others), a bit too much sweet berries on the nose but very pleasant taste. Then onto the best, Bourgognes . Two 2010 and 2019 Pommard. The Crand Cru was of course great but did not wow me as I would’ve expected it to. The Chambertain was better — something off with the Latricieres suspected, as it should be a head taller. Pommard super, 2019 can be enjoyed already. Also really nice vintage.

View attachment 197187 View attachment 197188

Great to try 5 different wines in a night! hoping the wine nicely complimented the occasion making it a bit more special.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 197187 View attachment 197188 View attachment 197189
Oh, come onnnnnnn. Killing me here.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
A 2012 Barolo, that is mouth watering. What was the main course of the meal?

Meat and potatoes! I grilled NY Strips, Idaho and sweet potatoes. Yum!

Te wine had this ... dusty tannin? Whatever makes for a great Bordeaux or great Rioja, that back-of-the-palate glorious tannin that both have in common. Very floral, more like a Ribera, but light in color and medium body. Absolutely no rough edges. Perfect harmony punctuated by enough acidity to say "Si si, sono italiano". One of those great bottles!

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Even more rare than a good vin de table discovery is an unheralded wine that you take a chance on, at a good price, that turns out to be just at its perfect moment of ripeness. Like two ships passing in the night, I was reluctant to buy this at $38, but 2012 was a good year for Rioja and sometimes you roll the dice..... Amazingly balanced with the depth and character that a good wine has when all its elements hit their peak. I went back and bought all that was left on the shelf.
IMG_6866.jpeg

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You still abstinent?
No. Not by design. But my long illness made me simply uninterested. We had a couple bottles at the Maine gathering this weekend, which may have been good, but the complete lack of glassware in the rental house made proper attention nearly impossible. Plus I was zonked from skiing.

@mdf and @Scruffy bought a Quilt cab for the table during our big dinner out. That was good, with very pure and focused fruit.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Even more rare than a good vin de table discovery is an unheralded wine that you take a chance on, at a good price, that turns out to be just at its perfect moment of ripeness. Like two ships passing in the night, I was reluctant to buy this at $38, but 2012 was a good year for Rioja and sometimes you roll the dice..... Amazingly balanced with the depth and character that a good wine has when all its elements hit their peak. I went back and bought all that was left on the shelf.
View attachment 198480
Burgundy bottle around a Rioja wine.

Sponsor

Staff online