• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Motorcycle Lovers Thread

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
How many miles/hours before you need to charge it?
I can go about 3 hours of mixed high speed forest road and slower trails on very hilly terrain. But I ride it like I do my mtbs, I stop quite frequently to look at plants or birds or take pictures or have a snack. Im a lollygagger rider.

I bought the electric bike so I can be sag support for my wife, who likes to do these 50+ mile trail running races, so there are plenty of 20-30 mile training days. I can load my backpack with water/food and cruise with her all day carrying the goods she needs.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
With a weather window I have taken advantage and squeezed in a couple of more ski and ride days. By Monday there will be 2 feet of fresh on this road.
PXL_20240326_235143008.jpg
PXL_20240326_201931733.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Today will be the first ride of the year sans jacket/flannel High of 81F expected. Home studio jam at a buddy's house across town I do wear elbow pads and weightlifting gloves when sans jacket. Bike was fully serviced last fall, new tires, belts, rollers, brakes, etc..

roughhouse 1.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Decided today was the say for the spring seat treatment conditioner. I use neatsfeet oil on mine to keep it from drying out and cracking.. 6 years so far so good.

1711901676152.png

1711901718599.png

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Two years left on the warranty. Plenty of time to choose an aftermarket exhaust for my GSX-R750. I'm thinking of getting a full race from Hindle. Do you think I could get away with that or would it lead to too many interactions with law enforcement officers? How often do they (LEOs) get real interested in your noisy bike exhaust. Any other suggestions.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I had a Hindle full race for years on my R6. Never had a problem. I was generally careful and didn't always ride in an anti social manner. I really prefer Akrapovic to be honest. More money though. Honestly though, the stealth factor of the original system means I likely wouldn't change it next time around. And they don't really make much more power in what is already a stupidly fast bike.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
FS roads are beginning to open and melt out, really good riding now, just trading dust for mud.
PXL_20240411_021539673~2.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online