• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Motorcycle Lovers Thread

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
First motorcycle: 1979 Kawasaki KE 100
Current Motorcycle: 2014 HD Electra glide police
Next Motorcycle: maybe a Softail Heritage
The Heritage is a great bike. Comfy like a touring HD but pretty nimble. It’s also not crazy heavy like the HD touring bikes. We’ve talked a lot here about great do it all skis. The Heritage is a great bike in that same regard imo.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
My new garage. I sold our 25 acre place and now moving into new place. First junk moved...skis and bike...:daffy:My 21 22 ski season is paid in full...thrilled and happy...moved south 45 miles into my nicest home ever.

20211120_161555.jpg

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That garage is NAKED @Snowfan!

I suspect that won't last long......

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
The guy who bought my place has helped me move more than I could have ever dreamed. SOLD to the most wonderful family ever. From Michigan, wealthy guy with wifes sister Miss Michigan pageant winner and miss USA contestant. They traveled 20 states and found my place. Here is what he has moved into my (former) garage for his 8 and 5 year old kiddos...
20211123_203525.jpg

Last night here. Packing. Me and pup and 2 cats. New life tomorrow. Stoked.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
My new garage. I sold our 25 acre place and now moving into new place. First junk moved...skis and bike...:daffy:My 21 22 ski season is paid in full...thrilled and happy...moved south 45 miles into my nicest home ever.

View attachment 149037
Upsized:mask: or downsized:( acreage? I see you moved the important stuff first:thumb:

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last night here. Packing. Me and pup and 2 cats. New life tomorrow. Stoked.

Enjoy the adventure! We just downsized and moved a year ago, and are really stoked on all aspects.

Of course, I've already upsized the downsized garage! :ogbiggrin:

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
I lived out in the sticks for 17 years. Nice to be in town again. Leasing a house for now until and if the market cools off. Very happy with the change so far.
Can't wait to move to property where I can't see my neighbors and I can ride my motorcycle on a track on my own property and walk my dogs around without leash nazis crawling out of the woodwork and shoot guns in my yard.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Can't wait to move to property where I can't see my neighbors and I can ride my motorcycle on a track on my own property and walk my dogs around without leash nazis crawling out of the woodwork and shoot guns in my yard.
I'm reporting you to NextDoor! LOL.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It's pretty hard to get my bike started when temps get below about 35..

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
^^^ Sold Harley and bought new V-Strom. Cat won't let me ride until I run 5 miles every day with dog and do 30 minutes on Skiers edge and 30 minutes on Peloton every day. 60 years old and cat rules.
20220104_185856.jpg

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
I have a little Honda
legal2.jpg

99 Valkyrie. Since this pic, I added a seat with a backrest and some audio. About 96 hp and 96 pounds of torque it can be a little beastly or you can put your feet up, turn up the tunes and have a coffee. 6 cyl 1500 boxter engine like the 1500 Goldwings, with a little hotter cam and 6 carbs.
Made in Marysville OH, one of the last to carry Made In USA. A MC company got upset that it couldnt stamp their bikes Made in USA and Honda could, so they went to the govt and got the rules changed.
ValkA.jpg

Prior to that was a 97. They rolled out at 100/100 and there is a felt difference. I got caught by a left turner. Totaled the bike and snapped my arm bugs bunny broke.
Roadsidepic.jpg

2005 Shadow Aero 750
Prior to that there was a 76 honda 350, and a Yamaha 360 Enduro

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My son just got one of these. 2022 Lowrider S. I might have to take it for a ride.
Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 1.58.15 PM.png

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Probably the only cruiser I'd ride..
I'd rather he be on this than his old bike, an early 90's HD Sportster with questionable lineage along with questionable brakes, lights, electrical, etc.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
A little spring cleaning and a generous slathering if neatsfeet oil on the saddle. Seen too many photos of bikes this vintage with badly cracked seats. Trying to prevent that issue..
roughhouse.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm having mixed thoughts about summer riding and protective gear. Helmet always of course but more of a half than 3/4 in the hit weather. Last summer if I was going farther than the store up the block I either had long sleeves, long pants or elbow pads/knee pads over exposed skin.

But, seeing the human powered cyclists riding the same roads, almost as fast with knees and elbows totally exposed makes me wonder... are they crazy or am I being overly cautious? I'm probably less likely be be hit by a car with the double headlights, horn, turn signals, etc..

I've had some bad bike wipeouts on the street. I don't enjoy road rash so I'll probably stay with my current plan and hope I never need that extra protection but... kinda tempted to just hop on the bike in shorts and a t-shirt on a hot summer day sometimes..

Sponsor

Staff online