• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Motorcycle Lovers Thread

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Great post Matt and hope to ski with you. Ducati :golfclap:. My V-Strom cruises best around 85 and headed out soon. The Monsoon moisture and leg surgery delayed me again for a week and will post GoPro 10 vids when I can get going. Itchy riding same roads.....I used to live in Lander and cruised through Dubois which Noraly mispronounced. LOL. Will go to Jackson then back S to Telluride dirt passes if dry. Getting late and will take what I get.

IMG20220331172301.jpg

Matt Merritt

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Really like your bike choice and your hard panniers in particular. Much handier than what Noraly had on her Honda. Do your extended mirrors jiggle around? Does that tall windscreen work? I've never done adventure touring despite having once owned a BMW GS. It was so tall that it was hard to get on with the metal panniers so, tall as I am, I still stepped on the peg before swinging my leg over. Had a big plate on the bottom of my side stand to make that less perilous on soft ground.

Have fun and safe travels!

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Really like your bike choice and your hard panniers in particular. Much handier than what Noraly had on her Honda. Do your extended mirrors jiggle around? Does that tall windscreen work? I've never done adventure touring despite having once owned a BMW GS. It was so tall that it was hard to get on with the metal panniers so, tall as I am, I still stepped on the peg before swinging my leg over. Had a big plate on the bottom of my side stand to make that less perilous on soft ground.

Have fun and safe travels!

Hi Matt....my windshield is a Givi Air Flow with 0 buffeting up to 90+ with full-face Klim carbon helmet. Better on the highway than my Harley but seat is a bit uncomfortable. No jiggle on mirrors.

Thanks....I drive safe and as former firefighter/paramedic I pay close attention L and R and rear... and try to be safe. My seat is high and have to grab my cuff to lift over to not scrape seat with boots. :)

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
This Sunday is Oyster Run day in Anacortes, WA. Many 1000's of bikes in town, in a relatively small town. Quite a spectacle.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Street Vibrations in Reno this weekend. Lane splitting, Hell's Angel's, Mongols, annoyingly loud pipes, 8 jillion bikes all over and a bunch of locals who aren't used to looking for bikes. Keeping our finger crossed that everyone makes it home safely.

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I went and did a little shopping at the toy store today. '19 Honda CRF450L with 88 miles on it.

Looks fun.

BTW my wife calls the motorcycle shop The Big Boy's Toy Store......

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I went and did a little shopping at the toy store today. View attachment 178910 '19 Honda CRF450L with 88 miles on it.
And now it has 135 miles on the odometer.
PXL_20220924_223612271.jpg
My buddy talked me into the 450 by purchasing the matching '19 CRF250. He now has a quiver of dual sports, Husky 501, Honda 350, and now this.
PXL_20220925_013837541.jpg

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
These guys are going to need sliders on their helmets pretty soon.
Screenshot_20221111_222246.jpg

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
New V-Strom 800 released.

With a parallel twin engine?!

Sacrilege, or time marches on?!

I suspect it's a matter of manufacturing efficiency and ever-tightening emissions standards.

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So, I sold the Tenere 700. It did not scratch the dirt bike "itch" and as a pure street bike, it was meh.

My lovely wife pointed out that I spent two years enjoyably researching motorcycles on the interwebz and dealerships, then one year figuring out that it wasn't quite the bike for me, and...

I LOST $500 WHEN I HAD THE DEALER SELL IT FOR ME. Pretty cheap entertainment, I guess (and I could have likely made a small profit if I could have been bothered to sell it myself).

Now the hunt begins again. Another bike, at all? If so, dirt? Street? Did not really care for sharing the road with texting auto drivers. A winter's worth of fun reading, at any rate!

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I got rid of my street stuff because if kids. However an alternative is track only. Also if you really want to learn and have fun, try flat track. That may still be something I could justify. Lot cheaper than tracking a supersport. I'd go through a back tire in a day.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink