• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Mountain Biking

Status
Not open for further replies.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I finally got rid of the much hated Fox 36 Grip2 and replaced it with a Manitou Mezzer Expert 170mm.

What a difference, bike feels much lighter and poppier, climbs better, fork is a lot stiffer when pushing hard, rides higher in its travel. I’m still dialing it in as these forks just don’t need much air. Sexy, too, with the reverse arch.

78E8CE4A-3C08-425A-A629-6D575C0CC0CD.jpeg

64DCEA42-C71F-4109-BF45-C803BEDAF501.jpeg

I’m in a 170/160 config now. Guess we’re racing this summer. First up is the Gunnison Growler over Memorial Day weekend. Doing the Big Bad Wolf 40 miler. This is not smart. Good thing I have “The Ultimate Trail Bike” :roflmao:

Bobalooski

Getting off the lift
Inactive
I went mountain biking View attachment 126891 View attachment 126892 twice in January, when I didn’t ski due to travel restrictions. Went to Granite Bay, on the shores of Folsom Lake. It’s one of the closest mountain biking areas to my house. I’ve ridden there before, but always with a friend that I was chasing around, so these times, alone, I was lost fairly often. There were friendly people to guide me, and it was actually fun just exploring the trail system. The other thing I enjoyed was the tackiness. I’d only ridden there in summer/fall before, when this area is dry and loose. Made a big difference in my enjoyment of the ride
We’ll have to connect for a ride, luliski. I live nearby but have never riden GB.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I can’t compete w/ @nay and his amazing rides, but I finally got on some dirt in the ‘hood this morning. It’s always an adjustment getting back on dirt as my timing is off. This bike feels poppier and is a beast of a climber-I am excited to get Ms. Creamsicle on my favorite trails.
BB05432F-2E7F-4B14-94BE-C055EA593F8D.jpeg

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I can’t compete w/ @nay and his amazing rides, but I finally got on some dirt in the ‘hood this morning. It’s always an adjustment getting back on dirt as my timing is off. This bike feels poppier and is a beast of a climber-I am excited to get Ms. Creamsicle on my favorite trails.
View attachment 130173

That looks fabulous!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Same view, different bike! First ride on the "regular" mtb:

IMG_3904.JPG

And LAST day for the ice fishermen. In fact, one broke through twice on the way in. They were both roped up, so no real harm..........

Except they abandoned the day's catch out of prudence.

The eagles will feast on that!

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Well, the studded tires came off this week, at least.

Baby steps!

Denver had its second snowiest March on record (ski areas not so much, although good) due to the blizzard and then trailing storms, even down south stayed wet for awhile and that makes clay and trail damage, so we had all taken about 3 weeks off the bike (although we have a Peloton, which is phenomenal for powerzone training).

We’re upper 60’s right now even at my place at 7,400’, so that should be it for the actual local March snowpack.

Easter ride later this afternoon after eating enormously too much this morning. It’s warm in the high country aI probably going to bias the bike over chasing too much COVID skiing.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Broken collar bone. I get 9 lives every 20 years and ran out. 4 weeks if i am lucky. At least its not a leg

Reactions: nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Broken collar bone. I get 9 lives every 20 years and ran out. 4 weeks if i am lucky. At least its not a leg

Sorry to hear. I took a OTB today but managed to mostly roll out of it - a rib or two is sore so I was lucky.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
1618105138115.png

I like minions. Both on my bike and at the movies.

Reactions: nay

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I went out for my first ride of the season, a short 6.5 mile'er as much to see how the ticker would do. My main thing was to see where my heart beats were. According to my watch, I was averaging about 120 with peaks around 150. I plan on taking it easy for the next few weeks and to keep the HBM's low.

Lvovsky /Pasha/Pavel

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
I went out for my first ride of the season, a short 6.5 mile'er as much to see how the ticker would do. My main thing was to see where my heart beats were. According to my watch, I was averaging about 120 with peaks around 150. I plan on taking it easy for the next few weeks and to keep the HBM's low.

Do you have chest strap heart rate monitor? They are a lot more accurate. I set up bike computer to beep when I exceed some heart rate limit to know when to back off...

Status
Not open for further replies.