• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mountainFLOW Ecowax

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Has anyone tried this wax? I have just started receiving emails for this plant-based all natural eco friendly wax. Bio degradable, save the planet stuff. To read the ad it sounds good, just wondering if anyone has real world experiences

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Go for it, then you tell us.

Has anyone tried this wax? I have just started receiving emails for this plant-based all natural eco friendly wax. Bio degradable, save the planet stuff. To read the ad it sounds good, just wondering if anyone has real world experiences

TS
graham418

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't wait for me to try it! I've got lots of Hertel to use up before I buy anything else. I want someone else to be the guinea pig

Jacques

Skier
Don't wait for me to try it! I've got lots of Hertel to use up before I buy anything else. I want someone else to be the guinea pig
OMG the "H" word! You may not notice much of a change! :ogbiggrin:

Like you probably drive a car, and heat your house, and you are worried about a bit of wax to be greener?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Like you probably drive a car, and heat your house, and you are worried about a bit of wax to be greener?

The last time I went down the 'eco' route, the wax was coconut based; the paste formulation actually worked better as a base cleaner than as a wax.

And, of course, the lauric acid content of coconut makes your Hertel comment twice as funny.

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got some and just did my first wax with it. I wax by crayoning and then fiberlene. Seems a little harder than something like Swix CH8. Also has a slight beeswax smell.

As far as performance, I'm no wax aficionado, so I probably won't notice anything different. Maybe it's our often hard snow, but skis seem to slide just fine days after I've waxed.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Just now saw them on Sharktank. He got two Sharks to invest in the company. One Shark offered him a deal with Lindsey Vonn that he declined.

Ecowax

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just now saw them on Sharktank. He got two Sharks to invest in the company. One Shark offered him a deal with Lindsey Vonn that he declined.

Ecowax

He seemed to be name dropping Lindsey Vonn and seemed offended that his offer was dismissed.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Just watched it on abc.com. All they had was the final negotiations, but good on him.

I'd take $300K and high level connections for 20% of my company any day!

Jacques

Skier
Ha ha! I saw it now. Seem folks were confused about exactly what is being banned etc.
Dominator's FFC & Elite fluoro free waxes for the win.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I just rewatched this episode which made me wonder if anyone has been using it regularly and can give a review?

Chenzo

Putting on skis
Skier
I often test new waxes on my regular clients (on hill ambassadors, coaches etc). I was actually surprised to hear that the cold, and the next model warmer perform very well in eastern manmade conditions. Unfortunately the warmer “salad wax” (my nick for it) accidentally fell in the waste bin and is gone. At least I don’t have to worry about it contaminating the landfill.

ThomasD

Getting off the lift
Skier
So their website indicates that their products are indeed certified as bio-based, meaning they do contain "a USDA-verified amount of renewable biological ingredients."

But how are they substantiating the claim that their products are indeed biodegradable? Is this merely an assumption based upon ingredient source(s)?

slidingmike

Going downhill fast...
Skier
Out of curiousity, I bought into a stash of it in their initial kickstarter. I am not a great judge of performance, except that as a telemark skier I'm very sensitive to sticky spring conditions, and it works well enough to keep me from those sudden painful faceplants when I roll into the flats at high speed on a warm day. bikecrash

I find that if I try to iron it in, it's a PITA to scrape afterwards -- just hardens too quickly. Has anyone else noticed this? But applying it cold as a crayon works pretty well.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.