• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Movie: Franz Klammer Chasing the Line

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I circled back to read an article from SkiRacing that was sent out a few days ago.
Turns out, it was about the movie that is being released about the 1976 Olympics and Franz Klammer's Gold
If you haven't read it, you should.

Also, there are a few trailers for the movie.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Looking forward to it. You think we’ll have English subtitles or an English version

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I have not seen any indication that there will be an English alternative for the film or a Region 1 DVD. Asked this in as many places as possible with no responses.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I remember seeing this post back in September about the movie and Daron Rahlves doing some of the stunt double skiing.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I remember seeing this post back in September about the movie and Daron Rahlves doing some of the stunt double skiing.
I was in first grade in Winter of 1976. On every ski run run taken, for the next few years, I tried to copy how Franz flew over jumps. Feel I could have been his double. Maybe next time. ;)
Cool video of 1976 Opening Ceremony. In particular, nice shots of Franz and Cindy Nelson carrying the flags.

jerry6

Booting up
Skier
I circled back to read an article from SkiRacing that was sent out a few days ago.
Turns out, it was about the movie that is being released about the 1976 Olympics and Franz Klammer's Gold
If you haven't read it, you should.

Also, there are a few trailers for the movie.
thank you that was an interesting read , Klammer was amazing always on the edge back in the 60's 70's I'd wait for my ski Racing paper . Can't wait for the movie shold bring back memories of my time in Austria and the Italian alps

James

Out There
Instructor
Wow, how exciting for Rhalves.

When you hear the famous Gifford - Beattie call of Klammer’s run, that was actually recorded 6 hours after the event.

Last edited:

PowHog

Getting on the lift
Skier
Recall watching the 1976 Olympic downhill race live on TV. Klammer was always the most spectacular rider of the entire bunch of world cup racers at that time, great fun watching him.

Sponsor

Staff online