• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC Mt. Bachelor

getitover

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I've never been to Bachelor, and am planning on driving from CA the last week of April. I'd appreciate any tips on convenient places to stay, getting to the hill, the parking situation, anticipated conditions and crowds, and so on.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
It's such an easy drive from Bend, so really any Hotel will work. There's no lodging right at the mountain. Conditions likely to be firm in the morning and turning to slush in the afternoon. I wouldn't normally expect crowds in parking lot, lift-line, or on the runs. I only get there about every other year, so @Jacques can probably give you much better information, as he skis there all the time.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just arrived yesterday evening,

3rd St in Bend has a lot of inexpensive motels if that is what you are looking for.

You probably already noticed on their website, but they are selling a spring pass that is a good deal if you are skiing more than a few days.

They cut down on lifts and hours in late season, but apparently hasn't happened yet. Don't know about late April.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
I've never been to Bachelor, and am planning on driving from CA the last week of April. I'd appreciate any tips on convenient places to stay, getting to the hill, the parking situation, anticipated conditions and crowds, and so on.
Parking is no problem. Crowds are pretty much nonexistent this time of year. Get up early and ski, because the snow may go off around 1 to 2pm, maybe sooner depending on temperatures. Good luck!

TS
G

getitover

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thanks to all for the info--I'm looking forward to the trip.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We visited Bachelor in February.
Stayed at an Airbnb in Bend and communted daily with no issues.
Parking was reservation (not sure if it still is) and not a problem at all.

Great fun!

Jacques

Skier
We visited Bachelor in February.
Stayed at an Airbnb in Bend and communted daily with no issues.
Parking was reservation (not sure if it still is) and not a problem at all.

Great fun!
Parking reservations are done! None planned for next season. First come, first served.

Jacques

Skier
Oh BTW, here is a feature length video from April 17th. Bachelor rocks the spring!

Jacques

Skier
Four days left at Bachelor. Sad, but I will enjoy other things during the off season.
Here is what I enjoy most. This is from Hoodoo ski area!

Sponsor

Staff online