• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC MT Hood Meadows midweek pass

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
Picked up a midweek pass for the rest of this season for 239 bucks. 37 days left in the season if they don't extend it.
I have to try and catch up with a few of you here. Going up tomorrow for day 7 of the season for me.
Slemers

Ecimmortal

Getting off the lift
Skier
In my experience. Meadows is not going to extend. Once spring pops the day passes drop off QUICKLY. Additionally the last few weeks they don't even open midweek. So that's kind of a rip.

Last edited:

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm only 3 days away from breaking even. So there's that.
Going back up Monday :)

It doesn't take many days to break even on $239. That sounds like a great deal! I got the value pass for $420, and have gotten 7 days on it so far. Compared to buying lift tickets, I'm already $208 ahead, but now that the value pass is back to working on the weekends I'm hoping to get at least a few more days in.

Meadows is a fun ski area. It reminds me of Solitude in Utah, which I love: both have a long, beautiful canyon that requires multiple lifts to lap, both don't have steep fall line top-to-bottom skiing but have most of their steeps going down ridges or canyon walls. And now that Solitude is on the Ikon pass, both are crowded :ogbiggrin:.

TS
Slemers

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
It doesn't take many days to break even on $239. That sounds like a great deal! I got the value pass for $420, and have gotten 7 days on it so far. Compared to buying lift tickets, I'm already $208 ahead, but now that the value pass is back to working on the weekends I'm hoping to get at least a few more days in.

Meadows is a fun ski area. It reminds me of Solitude in Utah, which I love: both have a long, beautiful canyon that requires multiple lifts to lap, both don't have steep fall line top-to-bottom skiing but have most of their steeps going down ridges or canyon walls. And now that Solitude is on the Ikon pass, both are crowded :ogbiggrin:.

Meadows also gives a military discount but you have to submit a form 48 hrs in advance. With that I got a couple 65.50 midweek tickets. So based on the discount ticket pricing I only have to ski 4 days and I'm ahead.
Skied 3 hours today, if I had paid the full price of 109 bucks I would have toughed it out for a couple more hours.
So for me being unemployed and close to retirement this midweek pass works :)

Reactions: RJS

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
My Whitefish season pass gets me a few days at Meadows. Any chance they’ll be open after April 12? I’d like to hit it a day or 2 that week if they are still spinning the lifts.

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
My Whitefish season pass gets me a few days at Meadows. Any chance they’ll be open after April 12? I’d like to hit it a day or 2 that week if they are still spinning the lifts.

The last time I checked, they're open until April 18, and then Fri-Sun until May 1, although it's possible they extend either of these dates outward. Our snowpack is much deeper than normal right now, so I would imagine that we will be having a great spring skiing season this year.

TS
Slemers

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
Here's the latest from the website.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210309-115752_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210309-115752_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 4

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Sweet. I hope to run out there that week. One more question, any off-grid rv/van camping around there?

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sweet. I hope to run out there that week. One more question, any off-grid rv/van camping around there?

I believe you can park overnight in the sno-parks, although you should double check because I haven't done it. I've heard that you shouldn't stay overnight in the Meadows lots, as you could get towed. Make sure to buy a sno-park pass while you're here, you might even need them to park in the Meadows lots (I know you do in the Skibowl or Timberline lots).

TS
Slemers

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just saw this today. You do need a Snopark pass at both Timberline and Meadows. I'm not sure what happens after April 31st. Thar's the end date on the daily snopark passes.

Sponsor

Staff online