• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mt. Hood Skibowl bans mountain bikes after losing lawsuit

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Here is one of the advanced trail previews. I see a lot of trees and mandatory gaps.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
You joke, but I can recall misjudging a jump over some "organic netting" and getting tripped up by a tree branch underneath. I ended up going through some bush (about 40 m of it), but wasn't hurt because the saplings broke my fall. :D

BTW ski poles make good ulna reinforcement for blocking saplings.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
You joke, but I can recall misjudging a jump over some "organic netting" and getting tripped up by a tree branch underneath. I ended up going through some bush (about 40 m of it), but wasn't hurt because the saplings broke my fall. :D

:huh: Oh, I'm well aware of the dangers of a 30mph+ stick through the liver - it was even a catchphrase around here for some time.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Slalom training.
Back before Slidebrook at Sugarbush became popular, I would veer off the main trail and just ski through saplings in fresh snow.

I found some good rock features out there. They probably have names now.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
didnt we go through this in the late 90s/early 00’s with resorts getting sued and thus shuttering their mtb operations? I find this to be horrible.

Sponsor

Staff online