• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Mt. Rose announces Lakeview Express for 22/23

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
image.jpeg
The future is looking faster

This summer is expected to see continued improvements with the addition of snowmaking to the Slide Bowl as well as various other resort enhancements. But the bigger news is a little further out... Mt. Rose is pleased to announce the future LAKEVIEW EXPRESS, a new high speed, modern chairlift to be completed by opening day of the 2022-23 season. The contract has been signed and this project is set to replace the current Lakeview triple.

Beloved by many, this 41 year old lift saw much greater ridership this past season (COVID chair restrictions), and proved the need for increased lift capacity to intermediate and even novice terrain. Yes, the high-speed lift will include access to a new "Lakeside Trail" which create another route from the top of the lift to the Around the World run. Estimated to be the largest capital improvement project in the history of Mt. Rose, this express lift will be a key part in an overall "Lakeview Experience" involving trail additions, enhancements, and overall skier traffic benefits in the greater plan of this mountain zone. As an added bonus, this lift will provide expansive views of Lake Tahoe.

So as we begin to see the snowpack lean out and the warmer temps take over (April 18 final day), keep the return of the cool breeze on the slopes of YOUR MOUNTAIN fresh in your mind. Winter will return before you know it. Again our sincere appreciation goes out to all of our guests for doing their part to keep us going strong during the 2020-21 season.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That's a chair I would do something with in our back yard.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I talked with Mike Pearce yesterday about the release. This past year really exposed the shortcomings of the Lakeside lift nd forced their hand in moving up the replacement of the 40 year old lift. the expansion across the road is still on the table but this was moved up. There was discussion of a remodeling and expansion of the Winter Creek Lodge but that has been pulled off the table because the $3.5M investment that was earmarked there, could be utilized elsewhere.

The Lakeview Expess is going to do a couple of things by getting installed. The location of the lift is more protected from the wind so in days past when Rose had to close for wind, this should be able to stay open. The new lift will also go higher, I am told "roughly two towers" and with more trails being cut to access blue and green trails, it will help with the traffic issues coming off of Northwest.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm putting this link here since others besides the Tahoe regulars may be interested in some of the video and photos. Lakeview chair, a fixed grip triple, is being replaced after 42 years with a high speed quad. It'll go a little higher and open up some new terrain while making it easier for people to access blues and greens without having to go through the traffic jam coming off Northwest chair. BUT...I noticed they're changing the names of some of the runs! UNACCEPTABLE!:geek:

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
BUT...I noticed they're changing the names of some of the runs! UNACCEPTABLE!:geek:
Maybe they are going with the names I am already calling them.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 7.03.02 PM.png

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I do not believe I have.

No, I have not been to the Bruce Museum neither. Passed the sign on I-95 every time we go up to VT. Never was intrigued enough to turn off.
Because you‘ve seen enough old Bruce?
Because you’re familiar with the best representation of Bruce so there’s no need to waste time on others?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Because you‘ve seen enough old Bruce?
Because you’re familiar with the best representation of Bruce so there’s no need to waste time on others?

I worried that they may already have a slot allocated for me and not allow me to leave if I visited.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Their website promotes "the campaign for a new Bruce" so be careful ...

Haven't you noticed, I am now kinder and gentler.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I asked about the name changes on FB and got a quick response:
Mt. Rose - Ski Tahoe
Andy Mink Good question! The name changes are primarily due to the fact that the new Lakeside Trail will have much better views of Lake Tahoe than Upper/Lower Lakeview. We also wanted to avoid confusion stemming from runs named Lakeside and Lakeview being next to each other. The name Tahoe Vista (formerly Upper Ramsey's) is a reference to the scenic viewpoint at the top of the run. Since this run feeds into more than just Ramsey's it didn't feel appropriate to continue calling it Upper Ramsey's.

Sponsor

Staff online