• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Mt Rose opens Tahoe Skiing 2018-19

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug @Andy Mink @Paul Lutes @JFB and I took advantage of Mt Rose's earliest opening EVER!
IMG_0033.JPG

Mt Rose opened for pass holders only, which is a nice perk if you have a pass and are itching to get on snow.
As you can imagine, we were met with the October WROD, but it was a very nice WROD with a limited number of extremely happy skiers.
IMG_3778.jpg
Conditions report:
IMG_0028.JPG

And just in case you were wondering...

IMG_0031.JPG

Meanwhile we shredded Merlin, Witches Brew and Spellbound
@Philpug IMG_0010.JPG

@Andy Mink rocking some new boots
IMG_3767.jpg

And me, finally able to get into my skinny ski pants ;)
IMG_3774.jpg

Thanks to @Paul Lutes for bring Aprés Ski to opening day. Perhaps we should have brought the Shotzski and some ULLR to pray for snow.
IMG_0034.JPG

Thank you Mt Rose Ski Tahoe for giving us a little of our fix. We were getting jittery.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We are fortunated enough to be at Mt. Rose's opening day last year and again this year. Funny people kept shooting me messages How was it? and how many trails open? Well, for October 19th....all I can say it was awesome! One of the great things about Mt. Rose is that they take full advantage of their elevation and when they can blow snow and turn the lifts..they do.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@AKMINK may actually post some day. She does have a cool avatar from the Gathering at Snowbasin.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Look at those red pants!

Mine are the ones ski pants I've ever used. Other than a couple days skiing in shorts. I bought them for my very first ski day, and they are still going strong.

BTW, are you supposed to wash these things? :huh:

Sponsor

Staff online