• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MTB Glasses

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So I want to drill a hole in my head..I can't find my orange-tint $35 glasses I use for MTB and cloudy road. My kid probably flushed them down the toilet.... Anyone got a lead on cheap, decent orange-tint glasses??? Or persimmon/pink maybe... Cheap = <$100

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Yeah I'm not that impressed with the price/performance ratio. The Lost Pair are old MEC..$30 and they were awesome. I don't know where they went but I hope they know they've hurt me. They've really hurt me... :ogbiggrin:

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I gave a pair of those away because my face was too small. My friend had them stolen with her bike!!

Have you check Costco? They had some Smith's a few years ago that I got for DB racing. If I lost them in the water, I wasn't out much.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Safety glasses are all I use . There are enough styles and tints that you'll be able to find what you want. Check Brafasco and AcklandsGrainger

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another vote for safety glasses. After trying a bunch, I've settled on the Pyramex Ztek in the blue mirror. They come in orange too:

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bolts Plus, Safety Supply, Lee Valley Tools all in the GTA.

On a side note I’m playing fortune teller......I seeee something......its getting clearer......I see a plumber in your future for a plugged pipe......he found something......it’s, it’s orange, riding glasses.ogwink

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I use safety glasses, but the other day I forgot them, and rode in my Smith Tec-Lite glasses and holy whatever Bat Man, the optics were so much better!

Darn it, still no free lunch.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Anybody use these:

Or these
:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's a tough one (for me, so far, anyway):

Who has a source of reasonably-priced, good optics, bifocal riding glasses?

I am currently on the safety glasses program, but would like something with higher-quality optics, without going the $$$ prescription route.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Here's a tough one (for me, so far, anyway):

Who has a source of reasonably-priced, good optics, bifocal riding glasses?

I am currently on the safety glasses program, but would like something with higher-quality optics, without going the $$$ prescription route.

I can't recall the product name but I remember some time ago a discussion on a magnifying strip that one placed at the bottom of their regular sunglasses, maybe that is an option?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I use safety glasses, but the other day I forgot them, and rode in my Smith Tec-Lite glasses and holy whatever Bat Man, the optics were so much better!

Darn it, still no free lunch.
I was wondering that about the safety glasses. Those of us with aging eyes probably really notice the difference.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I rolled the dice on a $70 pair of Tifosi Veloce with 1.5 readers and the "night" fototec lens that doesn't get too dark, which I hate for mtb in the woods:

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I was wondering that about the safety glasses. Those of us with aging eyes probably really notice the difference.

The optics are pretty terrible with "normal" (i.e. cheap) safety glasses. I'm regularly on construction sites for work and wear them, when I switch back to my regular sunglasses at the end of the day I can feel my eyes relax. I'd imagine there are better safety glasses out there though.

I haven't tried them yet, but I've heard really good things about Tifosi Optics. Very reasonably priced riding glasses that still have really good optics.

Sponsor

Staff online