• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MTB Glasses

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I rolled the dice on a $70 pair of Tifosi Veloce with 1.5 readers and the "night" fototec lens that doesn't get too dark, which I hate for mtb in the woods:

Following!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I rolled the dice on a $70 pair of Tifosi Veloce with 1.5 readers and the "night" fototec lens that doesn't get too dark, which I hate for mtb in the woods:

So these have turned out to be a solid "decent" grade on the optics, excellent everywhere else.

Better than $10 safety glasses, but noticeably inferior to something like a Smith Tec-Lite glass lens.

Their biggest downfall is that I still drip sweat on them! :geek:

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Be *extremely* careful using those outside in high UV conditions. Don't take them on the water unless you know for a fact that the lens material itself is UV-blocking. Don't just rely on the coating on the Oakleys.
More for driving the car so I can see the speedometer and gas gauge. I wouldn't wear my Oakley on the water. I know for sure I would lose them!!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
More for driving the car so I can see the speedometer and gas gauge. I wouldn't wear my Oakley on the water. I know for sure I would lose them!!

Do you have hook-temple glacier glasses yet? They're excellent for on the water (until they get scratched, anyway, at which point the UV coating may as well be toast).

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

i just got a pair with the Veloce with 2.5 readers but no Fototec. Haven't used them yet but am hopeful. I could use my prescription Raybans but they're a hell of a lot more expensive and I'd rather not have to replace them if I crash.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid