• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

eBike MTBR's 2021 Top 10 EMTB's

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

It's been an interesting year for e-mtbs as demand and acceptance continue to rise. Almost all manufacturers now are offering an ebike and new releases seem to garner as much or even more attention than traditional mountain bikes. User sentiment and trail access are evolving as well as more riders make plans for buying an e-mtb or at least approve of their use even if it's not what they choose to ride.

But the picture is not so rosy when it comes to price and availability of these e-mtbs. In a year of supply chain issues, e-mtbs seem to be a focal point of the problem as demand seems to far outweigh available supply. Backorders and waiting lists are common as these top bikes are simply not on showroom floors. The used market is just as impacted even used bikes demand premium prices, sometimes more than their original purchase price.

In no particular order, here are our Top 10 recommendations:
Orbea Rise $7000- $11000
Specialized Gen3 Levo $11000- $15000
Canyon Spectral:On - $6300 - $9000
Trek Rail - $5600 - $13000
Santa Cruz Bullit - $8500 - $13,300
YT Decoy - $6000- $8000
Commencal Meta $5600-$8200
Norco Range VLT - $6700- $10300
Yeti 160e - $10,100 - $12700
Specialized Kenevo SL - 9000-$15000

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Shoot, before the world went into the dumper, my wife waited 7 months for her Orbea Gain e-road bike and 5 months for her Liv Intrigue e-mtb.

Since then, the waiting has only become worse, but she sure has a blast on both of them.

@Tricia is fortunate to have found her almost-new, lightweight e-rocket!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I just ordered a 2022 Rail 9.8, due to arrive in March. I think I may have gone for a 9.9 but by the time I got it I may be too old to lift it ;).

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Shoot, before the world went into the dumper, my wife waited 7 months for her Orbea Gain e-road bike and 5 months for her Liv Intrigue e-mtb.

Since then, the waiting has only become worse, but she sure has a blast on both of them.

@Tricia is fortunate to have found her almost-new, lightweight e-rocket!
After I got the bugs worked out with my e-caliber, I've been thrilled with it.
Really love this bike.
BAE4A09F-06E1-4CB1-A83A-CFE2F875A719.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I just read that the Port of Los Angeles is ONLY NOW going to 24 hr operations.... WTF. They've had dozens of ships anchored offshore for a year. And apparently, that's not the worst of it..they can't get truck drivers to move it after it comes ashore.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I just read that the Port of Los Angeles is ONLY NOW going to 24 hr operations.... WTF. They've had dozens of ships anchored offshore for a year. And apparently, that's not the worst of it..they can't get truck drivers to move it after it comes ashore.
If they can't enough workers as is, I'm not sure how they'll hire more to work 24/7.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
If they can't enough workers as is, I'm not sure how they'll hire more to work 24/7.
I feel like there is not a real push to clean up the mess on the part of retailers. Maybe they like the higher margins..

Sponsor

Staff online