• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Music that makes you think of skiing?

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
For me it's jam-grass. String Cheese Incident and Leftover Salmon. Both Colorado bands.

I wrote a bluegrassy guitar piece after returning from a trip to Steamboat in 2019. I was holding in my mind and trying to capture the feel of rollocking through the Boat's really fun bumps and it's mellow powdered trees.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Tends to be early 80s pop punk and new wave for me because that's what was blasting over the PA at our USSA Freestyle events and in our Astraltune and early Walkman headsets..
Also anything from a Warren Miller movie soundtrack that I've seen/heard several times..

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fight Fire With Fire-Metallica
Song 2-Blur
The Devil Went Down to Georgia- Charlie Daniels Band
Fear Of The Dark-Iron Maiden
15 Feet Of Pure White Snow-Nick Cave

And many, many, many more.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Who needs music to think of skiing??

Real skiers think of skiing at least 19 times per day. If they are men. It used to be thought it was every 7 seconds which would be 7,200 times per day. But apparently we're not as keen as we like to think. About skiing.

Women who are real skiers think about skiing 10 times per day. Although if I understand correctly the research involves self-reporting. Which may explain some of the gender asymmetry. Both ways.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Who needs music to think of skiing??

Real skiers think of skiing at least 19 times per day. If they are men. It used to be thought it was every 7 seconds which would be 7,200 times per day. But apparently we're not as keen as we like to think. About skiing.

Women who are real skiers think about skiing 10 times per day. Although if I understand correctly the research involves self-reporting. Which may explain some of the gender asymmetry. Both ways.

You might jest but with every passing day as the season draws closer I am catching myself more and more often "carving" on the pedals of my car and practising separation and angulation in the turns. :roflmao: :roflmao:

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ridin the storm out - REO Speedwagon

"Ridin the storm out, waiting for the thaw out
on a full moon night in the Rocky Mountain winter
My wine bottles low, watching for the snow
I've been thinking about what I've been missing in the City
and I'm not missing a thing
watching the full moon crossing the range
Ridin the storm out
Ridin the storm out"

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
You might jest but with every passing day as the season draws closer I am catching myself more and more often "carving" on the pedals of my car and practising separation and angulation in the turns. :roflmao: :roflmao:

When I was into road racing motorbikes every corridor right angle bend had braking markers and entry/exit points. Never met a chair that couldn't be laterally tipped to dangle the inside knee.

Ulmerhutte

Getting on the lift
Skier
In Australia, in the 1980s, it was rare to go into a bar and not hear JJ Cale’s Cocaine being played at least once a night. I still associate that song with skiing.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
50 Way To Leave Your Toe Piece

You just pop out the side, ClydeHit a big rock, JacquesYou set them all wrong, JongJust get yourself freeDon't clean off the snow, JoeYou don't need to turn them down much...Just drop in the chute, SkootAnd pre release yourself….free

50 Way To Leave Your Toe Piece

You just pop out the side, Clyde
Hit a big rock, Jacques
You set them all wrong, Jong
Just get yourself free
Don't clean off the snow, Joe
You don't need to turn them down much...
Just drop in the chute, Skoot
And pre release yourself….free

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
I want say early 70's soft rock like Suite: Judy Blue Eyes or Love the One You're With. Songs like that used to be played a lot on the radio stations on family ski trips up to Vermont in the 90's. Good memories.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid