• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Music that makes you think of skiing?

Carl

On the north side of the mountain
Skier
I always enjoy this song when I go skiing...

TS
S

slow-line-fast

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Heading up for some fall turns… again, Soundgarden. It’s pretty much the only time I listen to it.

justplanesteve

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'm one that can't even have music or talk on the radio when driving, and i used to spend 3 hrs/day to/from construction sites. When in motion, i just like peace and quiet insofar as it exists. :) I do play loud music in the shop, though; & never minded when others had good stuff going on jobs.

On the slopes last year, apparently the lifties in the top shack of the main chair were allowed to bring their own tunes to blast on the PA. I was impressed that one kid seemed to have the entire VU catalog and was playing from it randomly. Surprisingly, more than one was not necessarily out of place skiing. But "Heroin" is almost perfect for a parody by someone more talented (when i'm rushing on my run......feel just like jesus' son.....).

Years ago, the somewhat obscure Nazareth tune "Flying" certainly set the mood, and the kind of basic lyrics themselves would take very little substitution to be a perfect direct skiing reference. ("Even though i'm skiing.....)

"Sail" by AWOL Nation also makes me immediately think of standing at the top, and then the drop. But that might be because i first heard it when someone sent me this clip a decade ago.
smt

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
This is the first one that came to my mind, I know a lot of you probably remember this film:

motogreg

A liftie once told me I was an okay skier....
Skier
I've been into the album Nonagon Infinity by King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard as my ski jam the last few seasons.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
Nothing gets you revved up for skiing more than old folk songs from the 50's!!! - :roflmao:

Bob Gibson's ski songs is legendary! always one of our favorites when we are tailgating for lunch
It's Sure to expand your skiing vocabulary. No matter what music you prefer this will make you laugh and have fun.
bobgibson.png

https://www.bobgibsonfolk.com/ski-songs-album/

Regards,
Super Skier

2nd Choice : Mountain song , Janes Addiction

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
My daughter likes to play AC/DC every morning. Funny she only plays it when we go snow sking. But the whole Eliminator album reminds me of sking. In my skibum days in winter park in the 80's, I had a 1 room cabin next to the shuttle, all the skibums would drop by in the morning and I would be cranking this album!!

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
When I think of long drives on my college XC team it's 80s progressive rock/new wave etc. Like REM and U2

Now, it's stuff from ski videos like

"Hips don't lie"

and

"Can't Hold Us." My boy loves this song as pump up music when we arrive at a mountain.

When I drive alone lately it's been a lot of songs from Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) but not when the boy is with me - too much cursing and violence.

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Definitely This Is The Sea (by The Waterboys). A real "sound of music" dancing-on-the-mountaintop, ain't-it-good-to-be-alive song.

These things you keep
You better throw 'em all away
You wanna turn your back
On your soulless days

Once you were tethered
And now you are free
Once you were TETHERED
Well, now you are free
That was the river
This is the sea

This Is The Sea

scvaughn

Seeking altitude...
Skier
Electronica does it for me. Gramatik, Pretty Lights, Ronald Jenkees, and Emancipator stand out.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, many of you may think this is a weird association, but this just gets me dancing with the rhythm when skiing.

msutherland

Putting on skis
Skier
Slip Sliding Away- Paul Simon
Riding the Storm Out- Reo
Rocky Mountain Way- Joe Walsh
Take it to the limit- eagles
Dream On - Aerosmith
Rocky Mountain High- John Denver

Sponsor

Staff online