• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

My New Ride

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My new ride just arrived. It is a Catrike Dumont with electric assist.

731C3211-1FB8-4D62-8CFB-AD646A0AC9F6.jpeg

Took it out for a quick spin. Wow! It is a rocket. I got it from Utah Trikes. Can’t wait to get on it again. They ran out of stock of front fenders. I will install them when they arrive.

Utah Trikes post nice photos of all their builds. Here are their photos at their website. I really like the photos in the round at the top of the page.

TS
T-Square

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Well I finally got back from a trip and was able to get out and ride, 16.5 miles. Wazooo!!!! This thing is fun. It moves off nicely, pedals well, shifts easily, and the power assist is a nice feature. It handles like a go cart. It tracks well and is stable at speed. What is really fun is that sitting so low you really get a great feeling of speed which I love. (33 MPH on a downhill. YES!)

Some people were concerned with safety with being much lower than a bike. I have a couple fo flashing lights and a flag on a six foot pole. During this ride I noticed that drivers gave me more room than if I were on a bike. Most pulled over into the other lane to pass. I think because a trike is so different they are a bit more wary of me.

I met another trike on the rail trail. Who’d a thunk that in the small town of Enfield, NH that I would run across another trike on my first day out.

Sponsor

Staff online